Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Sadly though, its these addicted people that make the games possible for the rest of us.
    I think the gaming world was acceptable prior to the microtransaction phenomenon. If anything the addicted people have created a glut of mediocre games and have lured a fair few quality development houses towards mediocrity.

I'd much rather have a great game that I pay a set amount for that comes with all it's features and elements enabled, or at least enablable by playing the game.
    Happy to buy expansion packs that actually contain more gameplay but this microtrasaction rubbish has got to slow down, it's becoming the core of so many games it's not funny anymore.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    I think the gaming world was acceptable prior to the microtransaction phenomenon. If anything the addicted people have created a glut of mediocre games and have lured a fair few quality development houses towards mediocrity.
    Oh I agree, but it seems to be the price of being able to download a game for free on your phone or ipad - that somewhere along the line they are going to figure out a way to get people to shell out some moula

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'd much rather have a great game that I pay a set amount for that comes with all it's features and elements enabled, or at least enablable by playing the game.
    Happy to buy expansion packs that actually contain more gameplay but this microtrasaction rubbish has got to slow down, it's becoming the core of so many games it's not funny anymore.
    That's why I like console games, and I've never been one for DLC purchases.
    The exception and annoying thing for me is you can purchase DLC for DOAX3 on the PS4 in other countries but it doesn't work here - I'd buy some of the extras for that just to skip the grinding

The Sims 2 & 3 on PC had a lot of good expansion packs, but most didn't rate purchase until they dropped in price after a year

I have a set rule for myself when buying microtransactions.

If I know what I'm going to get for my money (ie: buying a new car in Forza with real world money) then it's ok as long as it's reasonably priced and within budget. But if it's got randomised items inside (like loot boxes) then don't buy it cause you likely will not get what you want.

The people that spend thousands on a game and account for most of the profits are called "whales". These people spend so much money in the game that often have special contact with the developer of the game and buy their in game items direct from the developer not the console/devices store. They basically call up the developer and say "hey I want to buy another $1000 of gems" and the developer charges their card themselves.

If you're Warren Buffett and can blow $1000 on a game then hey that's no big deal. The issue are people that can't afford it getting sucked in. Loot boxes are basically pokies that you never get any cash back.

Also be aware that if you ever buy a loot box or currency in a game many games especially the free to play ones will then modify the difficulty to make it harder for you to progress without giving them more money. It really is predatory.

On phones people are not willing to spend even a dollar up front on a game to own it and never deal with microtransactions. Yet for whatever stupid reason they will instead download it for free and then give the developer huge amounts of money over time.

It's unfortunate Hasbro has allowed their partners to use loot boxes and microtransactions with Transformers IP but there's not much they can do other than decide not to make a game.

Galvatran Guest

(Drawing a very, very longbow) There's a Volkswagen tv ad with a kid in cosplay of a transforming yellow VW car.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    (Drawing a very, very longbow) There's a Volkswagen tv ad with a kid in cosplay of a transforming yellow VW car.
    Scroll up to post #187.

I still can't find a copy of it online or youtube yet.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Scroll up to post #187.

I still can't find a copy of it online or youtube yet.
    Any of these? (or similar as they're not in English):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlzQhm6Zlx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReiSFeK7f_s

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    That's them... sort of.
    The first one is an extended version (with a flipped image when they are in the car, so that the steering wheel is on the correct side for that market)... while the second one is a completely different edit, promoting the auto-breaking feature (the first video, and our Australian version, features the auto-parking feature).

It's interesting to see that those two versions, have the boy trying to impress the girl at the party, but it is totally absent or unnoticed in the Australian version. (and I also don't think he transforms from car mode in the Australian commercial)

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The new Volkswagen commercial playing on TV here in the last week... with a boy in a party costume that transforms into a yellow VW sedan... is just the right yellow to make me think of Bumblebee - which might not be a coincidence, as there was probably some cross-promotional agreements with their involvement in the Bumblebee movie. So even though there is no mention of Transformers or the Movie in the commercial, the concept and colours were probably intentional so that it was in people's minds when the Bumblebee movie comes out later this year.
    I only just saw this ad, I thought it was great (especially when the kid "transforms") and it immediately made me think of Bumblebee. Very cool and shows how far VW have come from the "no war toys" stuff regarding Transformers.

Sorry if slightly OT but If only Porsche would also come on board like VW have. Seeing the post on TFW2005 makes me think we won't see an MP Jazz which would make my collection feel incomplete.

From poster oku:

Someone above asked for a direct source about Jazz's licensing was an issue. Hope this is direct enough. Here's a report from 2016 convention where Yuki and Hasui mentioned about Jazz during Q&A session:

31号是老幸和莲井访谈,谈到了比如偷胶和第三方的一些问题,另外关于莲井在社内“Mr.红蜘蛛”的外号, 其实好像没有很多人这么叫他,倒是老幸打趣的称莲井为“Mr.MP”关于红蜘蛛先生这个外号的说法,主要是 莲井负责了众多的红蜘蛛玩具,有新的红蜘蛛玩具要出如果不让莲井来做社内也感觉做不好。
    然后谈了关于MP的一些问题,比如爵士,在TT社内出爵士的的想法早就有,无奈车商并不给版权,双方协商了 多次也没有谈下来,老幸打趣说要是在座的各位能帮忙谈下车商版权就好了,另外台下有人喊探长,老幸说探长的 版权应该可以谈下来没有问题;另外关于史达和狮王的问题,老幸说只要公司一点头,随时开始准备MP狮王的工 作;
    主持人提问说如果没有预算的限制,2位最想做什么样的作品,老幸是说希望做应该全新的角色,而莲井倒是希望 出所有角色的MP
    二人分别推荐自己最满意的作品,老幸选择的是BWN的猛犸(提到了是首次能够拿出能源宝的司令官),莲井则 是推荐了真人世的L级红蜘蛛(类似于睁眼的联动机构)

There was discussion about challenges of the MP line like Jazz . The team always wanted to do Jazz in the very beginning. Sadly the car company would not grant their wish. The two parties had gone back-and-forth many times over the past and still no deal.

Galvatran Guest

Scroll up to post #187.
    Oh that guy.