Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 54646970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Wait and see where he ends up... He could be looking after transformers....
    I suspect he has been headhunted by Hasbro, particularly since they're reviving Visionaries. It will be unfortunate for Emiliano Santalucia if Nutlick is his new boss. Regardless, I can't imagine that Hasbro will be stupid enough to have him actually interacting with the fandom, so hopefully we never have to see or hear him again.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Agreed. So glad Scott is gone. I hope I never have to endure his smarmy and arrogant personality again.

Excellent news. Hopefully the replacement will have some real passion for the brand and the fans that support it instead of making it into a showboat for himself.

Emiliano says Nutlick isn't going to Hasbro - hopefully that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I sincerely, sincerely hope that's the case - Emiliano does not deserve the Universe giving him that level of crap after doing such brilliant & creative things for Hasbro/Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Hopefully as earlier today, I thought I read it was confirmed to be Hasbro. Wonder where else he would be going if that is not the case.

Maybe KFC has hired him

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Hopefully as earlier today, I thought I read it was confirmed to be Hasbro.
    The closest thing to a confirmation of anywhere specific is from Toy News International, which says "Scott hasn't said where he is going after Mattel but there has been some indication that he might soon be working with Hasbro former employee David Vonner who was last known to work at the company Spin Master."

So that mentions Hasbro, but suggests Spin Master, unless Vonner is going back to Hasbro. Vonner has been teasing a new action figure line for over a year now, and it's been suggested that he might have the rights to Valiant Comics action figures. On the other hand, apparently Hasbro was looking for a new brand manager, but isn't anymore. That is not a good sign.

So, someone actually headhunted this guy? So that implies he has done something noteworthy.

I didn't realise that driving a brand into the ground was a desirable trait in the toy industry.

Please don't let him near Transformers
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    So, someone actually headhunted this guy? So that implies he has done something noteworthy.

I didn't realise that driving a brand into the ground was a desirable trait in the toy industry.

Please don't let him near Transformers
    When you go to He-Man.org these days all you can do is read high praises towards Scott - All dissenters have been silenced, driven out or banned altogether. You are not allowed to criticize Scott or Mattel without having your post deleted and a warning given.

As a result, He-Man.org reads as very positive about Scott's work in a similar way that everyone in North Korea will only say good things about Kim Jon Un. Even now as this news broke, you have people saying stuff like 'Thank you Scott, you will be missed!' type bullcrap.
    Last edited by kup; 20th October 2014 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    When you go to He-Man.org these days all you can do is read high praises towards Scott - All dissenters have been silenced, driven out or banned altogether. You are not allowed to criticize Scott or Mattel without having your post deleted and a warning given.

As a result, He-Man.org reads as very positive about Scott's work in a similar way that everyone in North Korea will only say good things about Kim Jon Un. Even now as this news broke, you have people saying stuff like 'Thank you Scott, you will be missed!' type bullcrap.
    Maybe that was their plan. Praise him until someone thinks he's great to get him the hell off of He-Man.

Just hope the guy doesn't go anywhere near anything I like. He might be a nice guy in real life, but his presentation is that of a smug arrogant wanker.