Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Bluestreak & Prowl fully revealed

Ooooh they do look nice. It's a shame that my refined collection of masterpieces and alternators is slowly being replaced, but luckily it's for some worthy figures.

Keep 'em coming I say.

Urge to buy toys... rising... rising! TERMINATED DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's interesting to see that Prowl doesn't have the shoulder cannons on the JP version, since TakaraTomy seem to be more "Toy" Masterpiece, while Hasbro is the one who's more "cartoon" Masterpiece. As such, I'd expect Hasbro to leave off the shoulder cannons to match the cartoon... but among the Toy-themed TakaraTomy MPs, Prowl might look out of place without the missile launchers.
    It wouldn't surprise me if the shoulder cannons flip up and you have the option to show or hide them.

These look pretty awesome. It's a shame that the Datsun has dated so much. But I still pick up at least Smokescreen. BTW, where is he?

It's interesting to see that Prowl doesn't have the shoulder cannons on the JP version, since TakaraTomy seem to be more "Toy" Masterpiece, while Hasbro is the one who's more "cartoon" Masterpiece. As such, I'd expect Hasbro to leave off the shoulder cannons to match the cartoon... but among the Toy-themed TakaraTomy MPs, Prowl might look out of place without the missile launchers.
    I think you have that round the wrong way Griff,

Takara = cartoon
    Hasbro = Toy.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

They do look pretty cool, but I'll still pass for now. We're getting the Autobot Car lineup done fairly quickly.

Wow! So true to G1. It's like they've been taken straight out of the cartoons. Like the look of these much more than Red Alert/Sideswipe

Wow, these guys look awesome and continue the aesthetic established with Lambor and Alert. Prowl is more or less my first Autobot and Transformer, technically Seaspray also has claim to that title, but he was more of a random gift.

I'm not surprised they didn't include the missile launchers given they are going for show accuracy. It will be interesting to see how much that re-tool Smokescreen to get him toonlike.

I think this got reversed around the time MP Grimlock came out. The latest TakTom MP's have features like Alert's fake shoulder wheels to make them look more toon like. Whenever I pick up my Lambor, Alert or Soundwave I can hear the G1 cartoon theme in my head.

Very impressive. Definitely on the agenda.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

In. Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I think you have that round the wrong way Griff,

Takara = cartoon
    Hasbro = Toy.
    Agreed. The color choice on Habsro Optimus' Roller, Hasbro Thundercracker deco, Hasbro Soundwave's yellow visor are some of the examples

OMG! Thankfully I have already pre-ordered all of them so won't be missing out on these guys at all.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!