Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: Robots in Disguise ongoing

Seeing Monstructor being portrayed as such a massive behemoth always makes me lol (considering how incredibly puny the toy is). Bludgeon has now fixed Monstructor's only weakness -- does that mean he's free of brittle gold plastic?!

Preview for #7 is out.

Not following on from the events in #6, which is a shame as that issue was by far the most interesting of the series. We are back to Bumblebee being led by two very unlikeable characters in Metalhawk and Starscream.

However Wheeljack is the central focus for this issue, so it may be saved somewhat from that alone. For something a little different, the story seems to be set at two different (but close) times, easily differentiated by panelling.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

An interesting setup issue this one.

The little alien dudes from Spotlight Wheelie (at least the species) get a terminal cameo but the ramifications of the discovery on Turmoils ship could have some decent ramifications (plus an awesome dues ex machina if required).

Wheeljack gets a nice issue to shine (why Mirage wasn't teamed up with him I do not know), Metalhawk does something other than complain (personally still do not like the guy) and Starscream gets some nice lines.

A better issue than most so far in RiD, do not like that #6 did not get followed upon, but this story is interesting and could have massive repercussions for the IDW universe.

I like how the story built suspense and mystery. That was cool. Still wish someone would freaking transform. I'm not fond of how IDW are now following suit from the Armada dubs and having the Transformers refer to each other as "men." That's stupid. (-_-) I agree that it was cool to see Metalhawk do something useful instead of standing around being a douche all the time.

Nice to have the Dinobots back (yes, with an "i" now instead of a "y".)

I like the dynamic they have with Ironhide and their brief time with SkyLynx. Their designs are nice, but Swoops overlarge eyes remind of another comic character but I cannot place it. Slag having fire continuously pour from his mouth and horned helmet in alt mode looks stunning.

Story is a setup issue for the next couple of issues, unlike last issue which was a longer self contained story. It does not require reading of past IDW stories, but it would help, especially Autocracy and even some of the near unmentionable Megaton: Origins.

Overall a nice enjoyable read that has a bit of everything, from wit and humour similar to MtMtE issues, action, mystery and a twist! Art is lovely, keep an eye out for the child of Movie Ravage and Beast Machines Cheetor!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Their designs are nice, but Swoops overlarge eyes remind of another comic character but I cannot place it.
    My thoughts kept coming back to Swoop's head design as well, it's been quite unsettling. The over large eyes and lanky frame gives him a really off-world feel. At first glance I would have thought that design would better suit a more conniving or treacherous character. In terms of other comic characters, I'm thinking Arthur from The Tick, or even good old Waspinator

...or Sailor Moon.

Anyway, I enjoyed the latest ish... things are getting more action packed now and intrigue continues to build.

There are a lot of sub stories bubbling under the surface that will hopefully be great payoffs when they are revealed. I like the similarities that RiD and Regen have with one another, its a good "same but different" story.

It'd be great to have a spotlight series for the RiD and MtMtE focussing on the NAIL's and Decepticons. A spotlight on Starscream, Swindle or Metalhawk would be a great way to flesh out those characters a litle more.

Annual Preview

Those lovers of the "ye olde" art style should get a kick out of this, as will those who want to see some Nova Prime stories.

Cannot wait!

Bring on the flashbacks! Really enjoy the Valiant Galvatron