Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: Robots in Disguise ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Are IDW going to run out of Decpticons though? Seems like there have been more deaths than during war time.
    I only think the guards outside were murdered. All the big cons inside were incapacitated. Mayhaps Ravage has a sore neck (who is to say the decapitation is a killer blow to cassetticons). I doubt that such big and well loved characters that have had many interactions in the past (very important in these series) will be out for long. Ol' one eye may have even planned this (am I giving too much credit? I personally think he was ambushed but will use the incarceration to his advantage).

Been reading alot about Arcee being overpowered, but I think the combination of surprise, the explosives, the weapon (Wheeljacks, or something older?) and perhaps a letting down of their guard thinking the Autobots would be too busy with Omega all contributed to the success of the attack. Arcee is a power player, but will she side with whoever promises her Jhiaxus or has she lost interest in her revenge?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

With the big bad out of the way, I was hoping that RID would embody more politicised tension, with the Decepticons factionised into many subgroups with more in-fighting, a la Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Did enjoy seeing Ravage talk

And, Shockwave really gets a hard time in IDW-verse doesn't he?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Are IDW going to run out of Decpticons though? Seems like there have been more deaths than during war time.
    I don't think so. There are still plenty more Decepticons that they haven't touched yet. Time for Flamefeather to shine!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Been reading alot about Arcee being overpowered, but I think the combination of surprise, the explosives, the weapon (Wheeljacks, or something older?) and perhaps a letting down of their guard thinking the Autobots would be too busy with Omega all contributed to the success of the attack.
    Yeah, I think Arcee's strength comes from her use of stealth and guile, most likely coupled with Prowl's strategy -- like the whole strategic move of sneaking around the Deceps' lair for ages and planting those explosives, only revealing herself at the precise moment, and by then it was too late for the Decepticons to do anything. Don't know if Arcee could have come up with that plan all by herself... seems that Prowl is the brains and Arcee is his fist. She's not quite the Munchkin that Drift was.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Arcee is a power player, but will she side with whoever promises her Jhiaxus or has she lost interest in her revenge?
    It seems that she just thoroughly enjoys doing her job --- she's kinda like Quickstrike in a way, only not so goofy. But ya know... "Destruction's good! I like destruction!"

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Did enjoy seeing Ravage talk
    Eeh, that's nothing new. Ravage talked a lot during G1, especially in the comics. It was Ravage who talked Shockwave out of his stupor after the "paradox" of killing Cyclonus. Ravage did speak briefly once in the G1 cartoon, and of course, he talked a lot in Beast Wars with that awesome Russian spy voice (which is exactly how Ravage sounded to me when I read this issue! )

And, Shockwave really gets a hard time in IDW-verse doesn't he?
    Sucked in to that cycloptic depth-perceptionless freak.

IDW Shockwave just hangs around and looks cool, but never actually does anything of value, in that sense he is more like his cartoon counterpart than his Marvel comic one.

As for the possibility of ravage surviving the issue, well that would be just stupid given that loss of head (between RID and the Bay movies) is now the most common cause of death for Decepticons. I'm sorry if Ratbat can be killed by being run through and Ravage can't be killed by unexpected decapitation then I call major shenanigans and favoritism on the part of the writer.

Anyway It's interesting how the Autobot characters always seem to narrowly avoid death in IDW comics of late.

the thing is we haven't seen conclusive evidence of deaths, but we have been told by multiple characters that Ratbat is dead. The black room is important - I think Shockwave has been planning something since Swindle and Dirge came to him a few issues ago.

Now, i'm glad Megatron is back, this is the shake up the Iacon leaders need - will this bring on the elections? It's been predicted by Prime/Pax that if/when Megatron returns what is he going to find? Will he be able to get support like before?
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Quote Originally Posted by bassbot View Post
    the thing is we haven't seen conclusive evidence of deaths, but we have been told by multiple characters that Ratbat is dead.
    Wheeljack copping a shot from Turmoil's arm cannon at point blank range, that took out two-fifths of his, and looked like it should have been where his spark chamber was, doesn't help to explain how Cybertronians can be killed either.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Wheeljack copping a shot from Turmoil's arm cannon at point blank range, that took out two-fifths of his, and looked like it should have been where his spark chamber was, doesn't help to explain how Cybertronians can be killed either.
    Cybertronians are all like Achillies, you have to hit them in their one weakspot, like Optimus's encahnted rib in the original animated movie.

I think in the IDW-verse there a connection between the spark and brain module (and transformation cog) that to truly kill them outright needs to be severed. For example, Rung in MTMTE. Wheeljack's brain module was fully functional aside from his other wounds and so a gaping whole in the body didn't stop him - he was only saved by the timely rescue from Metalhawk though - i'm sure he would've carked it if he had been left there (aside from the fact the cons were ready to take him down.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

So are we not as engaged in RiD as MtMtE lately? I was overseas and only managed to get the issue today.

Further to bassbot's point regarding death of Tf's, it seems that they are nigh impossible to kill, Megatron was already skeletal, took a full barrage of fire at near point blank range and still survived.

Another Wheeljack centred issue where he once again gets the wiring beaten out of him before being saved by a main player in the political machinations. This one is a setup issue through and through, but had a few interesting points raised, the one that struck me has been building for a while: why are all the warbots being taken down? Bumblebee is on the same thought process now, and that could be an interesting simmering plot point for the future.

Although I do wish we would get a conclusion (or continuation) of the Ironhide/Dinobot/Aerialbot story. I thought Skylynx had returned, but maybe his systems are still fried.

We did get a payoff for Prowl, he wanted to be blown up in the Con pit takedown, not just to remove suspicion from himself but as an excuse to upgrade into a wartime body and take down every other con. He really planned this out well.

What is Arcee up to I wonder? What has she to gain from protecting Maccadam's or is she just after some killing time?

More questions than answers in this issue, but looking forward to the next few months, both stories are ramping up.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

i to think it is a long time between issues covering the ironhide story.. its like they forgot an issue, and it disapoints me a little, i get the jumpng to the pax story and leaving a little bit of a cliff hanger but then why go back to the westwing drama for more then one issue...

it kinda adds to the "loosing interest" in RID over MTMTE
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy