View Poll Results: What do you think of RID?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantastic - will watch over and over

1 6.67%
  • Good - better than expected

6 40.00%
  • Ok - not great but not bad

3 20.00%
  • Disappointing - could be better

3 20.00%
  • Rubbish - not worth watching

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 13.33%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartoon review - Robots in Disguise (2015)

Just watched episodes 4 & 5.

Really liked Ep4. Chop Shop is the only deluxe Insecticon I own so to see a character turn up here who is an obvious homage (a thief, browny/reddy colour scheme, turns into a bug/s) was very cool! I really liked the concept of him being a one-bot combiner - really hope we get a toy of him! Interesting to see what was done with Fixit - yeah - Minicons are just for being attached and used - go Armada!

Ep5: Nah, didn't do much for me. The buffalo dude was a boring bad guy and the "Bumblebbe is struggling to become a respected leader of his team" was totally done to death already with Prime in Animated and I don't particularly wanna see that whole story arc played out again.

Personally the whole storyline of the cartoon is a little too drab for me so far with only the brief bright spark. Hope it improves

I think episode 5 has been the weakest so far.

I do think there's a difference between Animated Prime growing into leadership but clearly in command, and Bumblebee who's flatly ignored by his team. BB's attempts to mimic Prime were amusing. The talking to reflections bit though is pretty silly.

I thought they might actually go with the big reveal, since the explanations aren't very solid. You'd think a robot buffalo running down the street would make the news (like those Llamas the other day) and presumably people on earth remember the Transformers right? (Unless they were pretty much hidden and keeping to themselves in TF:Prime too?)

I agree with you guys, Episode 5 has seemed the weakest so far, both in it's plot and it's villain. Terrashock had some potential what with his claustrophobia and stuff but they ended up just making him a big dumb brute. pretty much just a giant mechanical talking Buffalo, just charging around breaking things. Also I didn't really like him being labelled a "Buffaloid" since unlike Underbite and to a lesser extent Hammerstrike, having Terrashock be a unique species just felt pointless. I'd personally prefer it if humanoid decepticons like Steeljaw and maybe Bisk, Terrashock and Thunderhoof would all just be Decepticons with an animal influence to their designs and leave the unique species stuff to the cons who are further from being humanoid like Underbite. just to mix it up a bit since otherwise it'll just get ridiculous. speaking of ridiculous, my god Terrashock was stupid! running into walls painted to look like the outdoors while he was inside, yelling at an animatronic buffalo (continuing the trend started by underbite and grimlock of yelling at animals) thinking the projector in the planetarium display was a communication device, etc. I get that he was confused and in a foreign world but still this guy was just hopelessly unintelligent.
    his design wasn't that great either, but I liked it more than Hammerstrike's design.
    The cover-ups that Russel and Denny used to keep the transformers a secret were really stupid but this is a kids show so I'm willing to look past it.
    all in all not that impressed with this episode but still watchable, still enjoying the show as a whole so far though.

I did like the highway chase until Terrashock transformed back into his robot mode and I like that bumblebee decided to find his own fun way of being a leader to his team instead of trying to be the stern stoic leader type like Optimus.

Loved ep4, loved Chopshop's bad Australian accent. I do hope there is a toy released of him

I missed last weekend's two episodes as I was out of town. Without too many spoilers, do you think it matters I haven't seen them before I see this weekend's episodes?

Wish I could watch these. All I ever seem to find is Japanese language ones

Rumble in the jungle pretty meh, but I want to see a springload figure!

There are a bunch of episodes posted to Daily Motion by a guy called Steeljaw.

I only have links to episodes 6 & 7 (not sure if it's against the rules to post those links on the board).

Unfortunately I can't tell if he's posted any more. They are set to private so if you don't already have the link you can't see them on his profile. :-/

This morning's episode reminded me how disappointing the RID toys are and how great it would be if the amount of love and creativity that went in to the Animated line was repeated. Jazz was very cool and he needs a great toy. Ped also had an interesting design. The show's designers are doing a great job.

Loved how Jazz has appeared in this one! All the Jazz fans should be happy. And Ped looks like a good character, hope these guys make it into the toy line especially Jazz.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!