I might be the only one who finds himself giddy upon reading this, but I don't care! It must be shared!

Dragonball is getting a re-airing with a "refreshed" version of the show in Japan from Sunday April 5th 2009, to celebrate 20 years of Dragonball Z. More details are below and come from www.daizex.com/:

• The DBZ TV series is receiving an extensive "refresh" for Japanese television airing
  • This is a celebration of the 20th anniversary of DBZ
  • While based on the original animation production, it is being updated with new technology
  • This includes extending the frames for formatting on an HD 16:9 display (note: not cropping the image)
  • The original Japanese cast is re-grouping to re-voice the show (where available, and unfortunately not including those that have passed on, such as Hirotaka Suzuoki [Tenshinhan])
  • Sound effects are being updated
  • Unlike the general show, the OPs and EDs are being completely redone
  • While not in the above announcement, other reports are noting that the number of episodes is being reduced from 291 to approximately 100
  • This begins 05 April 2009 @ 9 am

I cant wait to see how these episodes turn out, sure it isnt a new DBZ show but it'll be more than enough for me!