Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Movie Barricade MPM-05

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    I'm going to reserve judgment until more images are released.

It's not the first time that Hasbro has posed a figure in such a way that doesn't do it justice.

It may not be a final yet. Hopefully the end product looks much better.
    Maybe they should get Griffin to do all of their posing work. (TFs only of course)

I could be wrong, but if memory serves correctly in TF1 you never actually see Barricade in natural daylight therefore depiction of the blue highlights may never be apparent. The scene in which he interrogates Sam is at dusk and in shadow cast by the bridge overhead. The scene in which Bumblebee and Barricade face off is in limited light at night.

With all of that said in DOTM you do get to see Barricade in natural light when the snipers take his eyes out, and I recall no blue highlights in those scenes.

I actually personally think his head looks right, I feel the issue is it's position on his shoulders, its possible it has simply been incorrectly posed / transformed???

Every chance he's been posed poorly and mistransformed.

I don't mind the colours, or the shape, the toy is apparently directly based off the CAD files from the film model so chances are if the shape isn't appealing, nor was the original on screen representation. I think that all of the toys we've had of barricade so far haven't been particularly screen accurate. So we've become used to a more 'normal' humanoid shape in our expectations of what the character looks like.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I just think the silver on the face should be gun metal, eye catching but not excessively.

Dunno if I should wait on takara or hasbro this time, takara's bumblebee was fine but takara's optimus leaves alot to be desired (apart from paint apps).

Wonder how long before a starscream or megatron comes?

Just preordered from RK... bring on February 2018

Images of the box (front and back) have leaked.

The white face just doesn't look right to me... it's looks like tribal face paint, or one of those opera singers with white makeup all over their face. I was looking up images of the actual movie face of Barricade, and it was actually a silver/steel colour... so I wonder why they couldn't paint it silver, or a slightly lighter black.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

like the car mode not the bot, is a pass sadly for me.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The white face just doesn't look right to me... it's looks like tribal face paint, or one of those opera singers with white makeup all over their face. I was looking up images of the actual movie face of Barricade, and it was actually a silver/steel colour... so I wonder why they couldn't paint it silver, or a slightly lighter black.
    Perhaps the Takara version will have more accurate colours...

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...rmers-44.6.jpg

Even if there were white details on the face, its applied way too thick. I’m kinda torn on this one.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...rmers-44.6.jpg

Even if there were white details on the face, its applied way too thick. I’m kinda torn on this one.
    Really gun metal would be more effective, eye catching but not eye gouging.