View Poll Results: TF3 : DotM - worth watching?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

50 43.86%
  • good, see if you can

35 30.70%
  • average

22 19.30%
  • disappointing, avoid it

7 6.14%
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 3 : Dark of the Moon (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Are you kidding?! It's a 150 minute toy commercial! It's no different to any other TF media - It's sole purpose is to sell toys!
    Not really, Toys are a part of it, but Paramount is far more interested in big ass movie bucks, toys are just a part of it.

The TV shows on the other hand...

Decepticon Guest

Doesnt bother me. Bay could probably afford a few more explosions by doing it that way.

To be honest that was a pretty awesome car chase in both films, at least he was rehashing a "Best of Bay" rather than his usual stock footage of jets taking of and tanks rolling and the rest of the military crap that was a little less prevalent this time around surprisingly.

yeah like THAT was a problem worth caring about compared to the rest!
    actually its a surprise that that whole scene wasn't shot in the back ground of a flattering shot of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Plenty of room for a fourth. Decepticons are all over the planet after setting up Space Bridge pillars.
    I doubt it will happen though. Bay really didn't want to do this one and I don't think anything will make him do it again. A reboot would be good.
    Or a live action series.

My 2c...

I thought it was amazing - it promises spectacle, and delivers.

Considering it's her acting debut, I think Rosie Huntington-Whiteley does pretty well. I enjoyed watching most of the other human characters as well, the new characters as well as the returning ones.

I like Megatron's look for this movie - the combination of a bulky, worn look, the chains and the cloak just works somehow. I was wondering how that would look onscreen (especially the cloak) after seeing the Voyager toy.

Laserbeak talking - I wasn't expecting that (I had thought he'd be like Ravage or Scorponok in that he doesn't talk), but I think it makes him more malevolent and creepy.

Sentinel Prime - Leonard Nimoy was excellent, and I really liked watching Sentinel's exchanges with Optimus. The revelation about his deal with Megatron and his subsequent shooting of Ironhide came out of nowhere, especially after the freeway chase which saw him being protected from the Decepticon Suburbans.

The other new Autobots... I didn't mind Que/Wheeljack. It would've been nice if Dino and the Wreckers got a bit more screen time, though. Brains formed an amusing duo with Wheelie.

As a whole, even though I found I didn't have too much difficulty following what was happening the first time I saw it, at the same time, there was almost too much to take in after the start of the Chicago sequence. (The upside is that this movie's pacing doesn't make it feel 'slow'.) I found a second viewing really helped in this regard - I could also pay more attention to some of the finer details and appreciate the score better.

So... yeah, I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    My point is though - This is the major 'gimmick' of the Movie Toys, yet it's not even mentioned in the movie?!

I would have loved to have seen an 'Upgrade' scene. All the Autobots getting some pimpin' new gear to slag some 'cons. But no.

'What, oh this gun? Yeah I've had it for a while.'

If I was one who actually bought MovieVerse toys, I'd feel jipped. In essence, the toys are no different from ones from the previous 2 movies, but playing on this MechTech idea, and then not delivering on it in the final product? Disgraceful.
    They didn't mention the 'Auto-Morph' or 'Mech-Alive' gimmicks from the first two movies either... so I didn't expect anything referring to 'Mechtech' in this one.

lol those shots are super expensive, don't blame Bay for reusing them lol

From June 2011's issue of Empire Magazine:
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire
    While Transformers 4 is inevitable -- "We've only touched the tip of the iceberg of this mythology," says Di Bonaventura -- it is unlikely that it will be with Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    They didn't mention the 'Auto-Morph' or 'Mech-Alive' gimmicks from the first two movies either... so I didn't expect anything referring to 'Mechtech' in this one.
    If they did I think it would not be a good sign for the movie industry, bad enough the're full of blatant product placement, but when the characters start saying their names and the names of their weapons over and over again like some of the latter TF cartoons then you know things are really going downhill.