Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 414192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    On that note hoping that the Knicks don't get Mills. Sure the Spurs fan in me wants him to stay in Texas, but I still don't want him going to that dysfunctional club with their impatient owner who never builds.
    Patty would be better off staying with the Spurs on less money than moving to a larger market, the last thing he needs is to the next Lin style flash in the pan.

I would happily watch any finals series like the 13-14 ones to watch a loaded team like Miami be completely outclassed by a team that does the little things right and defends hard. I like Lebron, but buying championships is not the way to do it.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    But Chicago didn't want him, they wanted Hakeem the Dream (who is the reason I follow the Rockets!)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    But Chicago didn't want him, they wanted Hakeem the Dream (who is the reason I follow the Rockets!)
    Everyone wanted the Dream that year. He was a can't miss prospect in the era where a good centre was crucial to a championship. No one knew at the time that Jordan was going to be this good.

Interesting that potential number 1 pick Embied (think I misspelled this) has been compared to the Dream for his footwork. With the latest injury report though wondering where he'll get drafted now. Could be a steal if he drops a bit. Just hope Portland don't somehow end up with him. Their track record with Cs has been hit with terrible luck...

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Interesting that potential number 1 pick Embied (think I misspelled this) has been compared to the Dream for his footwork. With the latest injury report though wondering where he'll get drafted now. Could be a steal if he drops a bit. Just hope Portland don't somehow end up with him. Their track record with Cs has been hit with terrible luck...
    Embiid. It's not an easy one.

He's gunna slide I reckon. Teams seem paranoid about injury prone draftees. Cavs could do worse (and did last year!) than take the risk on him. I'm not saying he should slide, but I just think he will.

I read an article today that Cleveland are starting to look at Exum. I'd love the Aussie to go #1, but with Irving already there they don't need him. It'd be like with Irving, Exum & Dellavedova they're trying to corner the market for Australian born Point Guards (hey, Patty Mills is a free agent ).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Cavs may trade down to grab Jabari perhaps. Think they need to win now to keep Kyrie and keep that pipe dream alive of Lebron coming back

Would love to see Patty lead the second unit for my Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Cavs may trade down to grab Jabari perhaps. Think they need to win now to keep Kyrie and keep that pipe dream alive of Lebron coming back

Would love to see Patty lead the second unit for my Warriors.
    Good fit for him too if the Spurs don't want him.

LeBron out of Miami?

Where will he go? Who can provide him another realistic shot at a ring, afford him and another few names to surround him with? Miami will be lucky to make the finals now.

And Duncan is back for his 18th season at the Spurs! Was not expecting that.

LeBron's opted out; which means either he, Bosh & Wade & will redo their deals or LeBron is jumping ship again. If Wade & Bosh don't opt out in the next 48 hours, Miami's done (and the east could get even weaker).

If I was Wade I'd be staying put; no way he's getting anything like the money Miami have him signed up for.

If LeBron does go, expect it to be East. The West is too strong and LeBron's bailing on Cleveland proved it's all about personal glory. The Clippers have been spoken about but I suspect LBJ wont want to have to deal with GSW, Spurs, Thunder etc just to get to the finals.

To me the most likely landing spot aside from the Heat is the Cavs. Bulls seem to be going in a different direction, Nets & Knicks are both a mess & not gunna have the rosters to contend for the next couple of years. I just can't see him going to Indiana - even if their starting SF is a free agent. Boston is still at the front end of a rebuild... but the Cavs have good young talent & the #1 pick.

I'm also surprised but (on a selfish note) happy that Duncan is back. I wouldn't begrudge him going out a winner; he's delivered us 5 championships. To put that in context; that's more than the Knicks, 6ers, Warriors or Kings who are 20 years older than the Spurs - and Denver who joined the NBA at the same time as San Antonio still have yet to even make the finals. Duncan's done more than enough for the franchise already & I'd eagerly wish him the best had he rode off into the sunset.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister