Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: TFA/Animated Comments thread

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Scale is terrible in the animated line, but I still loves it (probably because Im not a stickler for scale).

I still cnanot fathom why there is not more love for Lugnut???
    LUGNUT IS AWESOME!!! I love the Nuts. His little smashy hammer thing Its great! If only he could move his head a little.

I have grown to like Blitzwings jet mode. I think the tank treads make it look like a heavy armoured jet (if there were such a thing) so it kinda works for me. my only complaint is the floppy-ness of it all. The nose cone falling down is inexcusable I think. Somehow I have managed to get his legs fairly secure, but the wings have a tendency to pop up and get floppy at the slightest touch. Not so impressed with the tank mode but its OK.

I am most impressed with the Leader Size. Magnus is pure love. Although mine has loose arms. But overall I think the series is good, just with low QC....
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Previously shrouded in secrecy due to copyright implications, I bring you Blitwing's super-secret fourth mode....

Is that his secret "Coochy-coo Tank" mode?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Previously shrouded in secrecy due to copyright implications, I bring you Blitwing's super-secret fourth mode....

I want a Wall-E repaint!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I want a Wall-E repaint!
    totally awesome!!

I don't like the overall look of the Animated Blitzwing tank but I do like how they have giving it the illusion of moving tracks with the big wheels at the front. That is simple but very inventive.

Anyone had problems with Animated Grimlock? Mine is a loose as hell around the knees which really affects poseability. It just adds to me not liking Animated at all b/c it seems every figure I buy is either floppy as hell (Blitzwing) or has some losse joint somewhere (Grimlock)
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

My Grimmy is fine but I find it kinda strange that only his right hand has the little lever-thing that can pop out the extra flames on his sword...

"Me Grimlock no Lefty, Me Grimlock King!"

My Grimlock struggles to activate the flames on his sword, but is otherwise fine (saying while touching wood).
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

The new deluxes from Wave 4 aren't very impressive.

Swoop looks small on the shelf and he's pretty small out of the package. He's too thin. The transformation is basic and pretty uninspired. His wings need a bit of force to lock into his back on robot mode but I think that's a QC issue. The silent character of the show is a shame too because I look at the toy and I don't hear the character like I do on most other Animated toys.

Sentinel Prime is another toy that seems too small and the transformation a tad basic. I think the way the arms swing up to put all the wheels together is nice. The legs are too simple to transform. It's another animated toy that turns a classic looking angular vehicle mode into a curvy animated robot mode which is nice.

Elite Bumblebee (or Goldbug) isn't much of an improvement on the original... although the stingers fully 'retracting' is great. The toy's so dark in robot mode that it doesn't feel like Bumblebee, I think leaving the yellow/gold head (as per the prototype) would have been a better option.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I'm actually liking Sentinel alot (it must be his face-sculpt - IMO, One of the best in years! )

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The new deluxes from Wave 4 aren't very impressive.

Swoop looks small on the shelf and he's pretty small out of the package. He's too thin. The transformation is basic and pretty uninspired. His wings need a bit of force to lock into his back on robot mode but I think that's a QC issue. The silent character of the show is a shame too because I look at the toy and I don't hear the character like I do on most other Animated toys.
    The voice for me isn't much of a problem, as I make ones up most of them time. Heck, whenever I give Blackarachnia a voice, it's always the BW version, instead of the Animated one, even when I remember the episodes!

If I try giving voices to Snarl and Swoop, they'll probably end up as a comedic duo.