Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - MP-18 Masterpiece Streak

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    If i had to rate them

Bluestreak
    Prowl
    Smokescreen
    +1

I have a general rule when I collect transformers - I don't buy the same mold twice. So when releases like this come out, I pick the nicest (in my opinion) out of all of them.

So for me, Bluestreak was the obvious choice. He definitely has the nicest overall appearance in my opinion.

Likewise, I preferred G2 Lambor (black) as I felt his face sculpt, paint job and general appearance was nicer than the original (especially with those spiked wheels on his shoulders and those bad-ass guns!).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I prefer neutral facial expressions as it allows you to play various emotions on the character rather than having a constantly pre-determined emotion sculpted on the face. Also, remember that Bluestreak's jolly disposition is something that he uses to mask his emotional pain; similar to IDW Swerve, although for entirely different reasons. While Swerve presents a jovial persona to hide his low sense of self-worth and poor self-image, Bluestreak does it to suppress emotional pain born from experiencing the ongoing conflict and violence which he hates. I think the MP facial sculpt works well in showcasing Bluestreak's propensity for being a chummy fellow, but at the same time serious enough to make his deeper underlying persona evident as well.
    While I do agree with you in theory (Bluestreak's anguish about seeing his home city destroyed by the Cons' really came out in the Keepers Trilogy) I like to see different facial expressions on my toys now and then. For the most part they are either neutral, slightly grumpy, serious or (seemily less these days) they have a faceplate. I like to see a different facial expression portrayed simply for the sake of novelty

I love neutral expressions because it makes it easier for me to imagine different expressions on their faces when I'm playing with them. I find it harder to say, imagine the character expressing an emotion that's opposed to what's sculpted on their face. e.g. BW Ultra, TM & TM2 Megatron all have snarling "poo eating grin" faces (as do BW Galvatron and Magmatron). This makes it look weird when I'm imagining the character say laughing ("bwahaha!"), having an evil smile ("Yesss"), being stoic etc. The other day I was playing with Animated Ironhide who was in charge of guarding an extra-dimensional prisoner... there was a prison break and Ironhide was overwhelmed. Yet the toy has this smirk on his face, which looks weird when I'm trying to imagine him being terrified. So I prefer a neutral expression as I find it more 'versatile' during play. Pre-fixed expressions work well on busts and statues, but I don't like them so much on action figures. They're toys, not poseable/transformable statues (IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Pfft. What do you know. Smokescreen is always first
    Meh. He's the Dolly Parton of the Datsun Brothers; All chest & no style

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Smokescreen is last for me.

The head looks a bit stiff and not enough up down movement.

I think I like Streak as best painted figure, followed by Prowl. This is despite I do not have the launchers for any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Meh. He's the Dolly Parton of the Datsun Brothers; All chest & no style
    LMAO

Toy Review - Bluestreak
    Series - Hasbro Masterpiece
    Sub-line - N/A
    Size/class - MP Car
    Wave - MP-06
    New/remould/redeco - remould
    Released here - Yes, Toys R Us exclusive
    Approximate Retail Price - $130
    Approximate Size - 16cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Datsun Fairlady 280ZX
    Main Features/Gimmicks - retractable dual shoulder cannons
    Main Colours - Black/Silver
    Main Accessories - Rifle

Here's a pic of the box for now, I'll open this toy up and do a comparative review after I get home tonight.

Okay, I've opened the toy but haven't taken it out of the plastic tray. As far as I can tell, the Hasbro version is practically identical to the TakaraTOMY version. The only difference I could spot is that the tail lights on the Hasbro version have been applied with thicker coats of paint. You can barely notice it though.

Comparison between the TakaraTOMY and Hasbro boxes shows us that the Hasbro version comes with a bonus 50% more air!

The toy in tray.

Prowl's got a plane white insert if I remember.... Any interesting observations on what this guys decorated with?

In both your pics it's too blurry; What does it say under Autobot on the front of the box? Clearly not "Gunner".