Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: CHECK or REMOVE your old BATTERIES

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    My gen. Metroplex battery just died. No more sounds....
    Has this happened to anyone else's? The batteries on the old leader class movie toys and animated toys are still running so I'm surprised Metroplex died already.

Could be different types of batteries, as Hasbro may have used cheaper ones for Metroplex, that run out faster... or Metroplex might just use up more power.

Anyone know if the AG1 batteries in the Kids Logic Optimus are prone to leaking like big batteries? Some are dead already so I figure if they do leak I should just remove them and not get replacements. ($5 per battery at Big W and the guy has 18 of them)

And I recently found my takara premium movie leader (ma-21 I think it is called) with leaking aa batteries. These batteries are stored cleverly in the big fuel tanks of the semi. Unfortunately for me these are chromed on the version and the battery acid has eaten a lot of it away.

TAKE YOUR BATTERIES OUT PEOPLE!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone know if the AG1 batteries in the Kids Logic Optimus are prone to leaking like big batteries? Some are dead already so I figure if they do leak I should just remove them and not get replacements. ($5 per battery at Big W and the guy has 18 of them)
    They are not as likely to leak as the AA, AAA, C, D ones do but over time I'm sure they would to some extent so best to remove them if they are flat.

FYI: The reject shop sells a card with about 20 odd (in 4 or so different sizes) watch sized batteries. I think there are at least 4 or 5 of the AG1 size on there for $2...bargain The card is red and they keep them in the isle on your way to the checkout at my local

Make sure you dispose of the old ones thoughtfully as they are deadly to children if swallowed...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    They are not as likely to leak as the AA, AAA, C, D ones do but over time I'm sure they would to some extent so best to remove them if they are flat.

FYI: The reject shop sells a card with about 20 odd (in 4 or so different sizes) watch sized batteries. I think there are at least 4 or 5 of the AG1 size on there for $2...bargain The card is red and they keep them in the isle on your way to the checkout at my local

Make sure you dispose of the old ones thoughtfully as they are deadly to children if swallowed...
    I would not put reject shop batteries in anything I liked. ever
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Button cell batteries take longer to leak, and are less likely to leak, but they still do... and cause just as much damage (see the photos in the first post).
    The BotCon 2001 Arcee voice chip that I mentioned a couple days back in this topic was ruined by three button cells - all of them leaked, corroding contacts and circuitry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Yeah I've now taken them out and they are super tiny. I can see a child easily mistaking them for something that they can chew on.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I would not put reject shop batteries in anything I liked. ever
    These ones seem fine to me and are more than likely what manufacturers use in our toys anyway. At any rate the same rule of thumb should apply...DONT leave batteries of any kind, make or place of purchase in your liked/loved toys...

The suggestion was to have a cheaper alternative on hand incase people wanted to demonstrate lights and sounds of toys that take this type of battery to friends/family.

Fiddled around with my RotF Jetfire for the first time in months and its batteries were dead, so I replaced them. No leakage from the generic Hasbro AAs.

This prompted me to check my other older electronic movie toys, which all have their original batteries. No leakage on any of them, although my '07 Brawl's batteries were also dead. Despite being roughly the same age as Jetfire, RotF Megatron's batteries still have power.
    Last edited by Magnus; 3rd December 2016 at 12:48 PM.