Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-37 Artfire with Targetmaster Nightstick

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    That $35 option really kills the benefit of using PC from a pure price perspective. Better off ordering from Japan in that case. In my experience if PC is equal to or worse than Japan pricing you are best ordering from Japan if wanting to keep it MISB since it will be packed well from Japan. PC has no control over the condition they receive their orders. And of course you will get it a lot quicker for all shipping options except by boat. Given where the Yen is I'm switching back my pre orders to Japan for all general release MP's. Staying with PC for the exclusives given how much cheaper they are than the Asia + TakaraTomyMall sources.

Just my 2 cents.
    Except you may miss out on extra accessories if PC is by Asia

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Actually it depends I wouldn't just say no stress unless you are the owner of PC you self allocated your own. Roll of the dice as soundwave TT got sold out real quick and if they answer your emails slow you are out. Is simple as that a weigh up whether 10% or not getting any
    I take your point on Soundwave but Artfire is no Soundwave. While I can't guarantee it, I expect Artfire to be about as popular as Delta Magnus or Road Rage since there is little nostalgia factor for most of us with the character. It was only released in Japan and didn't appear in the US or Japanese G1 cartoons . Heck, Cheetor is a far more popular character and was available for a good two months on PC from memory. If I was Zoon I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it.

I take your point on Soundwave but Artfire is no Soundwave. While I can't guarantee it, I expect Artfire to be about as popular as Delta Magnus or Road Rage since there is little nostalgia factor for most of us with the character. It was only released in Japan and didn't appear in the US or Japanese G1 cartoons . Heck, Cheetor is a far more popular character and was available for a good two months on PC from memory. If I was Zoon I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it.
    Artfire is definitely more appealing & popular than the other two at lease Asia wise, locally at any time I'll see 1-2 out of 10 people saying interested but overseas its more like 9-10 out 10 people wouldn't hesitate to get.

I agree with this, JP and Diaclone MP's tend to "shelfwarm." The rush of having to get in with PC early has died down now, perhaps they have a bigger allocation, or now that their pre-orders seem to be going a lot more months out now until release they have more time to build up orders, but yeah, ummed and ahhhed about Megs V2 and the other day thought, why not, and it was still available after the early rush.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Actually it depends I wouldn't just say no stress unless you are the owner of PC you self allocated your own. Roll of the dice as soundwave TT got sold out real quick and if they answer your emails slow you are out. Is simple as that a weigh up whether 10% or not getting any
    This has been my experience with the VIP program too. I must have only been able to use it on about a third of my orders.

Frustrates me that I'm not able to use my 10% VIP discount on all orders that is what is advertised or risk not receiving the discount. They never mention the fact that you have to wait hours, days, heck even days after having to re-send invoice requests up after a few days to receive an invoice with the discounted price.

They really should make the discount be applied automatically at checkout with an account specific VIP code. I'm grateful that they have the program in place, but I think they should actively cater to VIP's with a little more priority when it comes to guaranteeing preorders and not have them worrying about missing pre-orders because of unnecessary slow response times.

That $35 option really kills the benefit of using PC from a pure price perspective. Better off ordering from Japan in that case. In my experience if PC is equal to or worse than Japan pricing you are best ordering from Japan if wanting to keep it MISB since it will be packed well from Japan. PC has no control over the condition they receive their orders. And of course you will get it a lot quicker for all shipping options except by boat. Given where the Yen is I'm switching back my pre orders to Japan for all general release MP's. Staying with PC for the exclusives given how much cheaper they are than the Asia + TakaraTomyMall sources.

Just my 2 cents.
    I have actually just started looking at hlj recently. I'm just starting to find pc shipping weeks/months after release dates is starting to wear a bit thin. While I'm all for cheap prices i would prefer some things i.e the masterpiece line in my hands a bit quicker and a guarentee of quality boxes. Like you've already mentioned I'll stick with pc for the exclusives as I'll be guaranteed 2 or whatever it is.

Thanks for you input

So if Artfire is a regular release, who is our best bet for next year's Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive? (High probability of a redeco Ironhide?)

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    So if Artfire is a regular release, who is our best bet for next year's Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive? (High probability of a redeco Ironhide?)
    They may even bring out the Lambo mold one more time & bring out Deepcover. Or was it Clampdown? Eh, the black one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    They may even bring out the Lambo mold one more time & bring out Deepcover. Or was it Clampdown? Eh, the black one.
    I'd like to see Breakdown as well before the mold is retired (both G1 and G2)

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Maybe Hauler, or a black Megatron? It could also depend on what new moulds get announced early next year.