Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars Toyline: Rumors, Speculation, Ideas etc

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I reckon you could possibly do Straxus out of Rook from the upcoming Protectobots
    Oooh, good one. I hadn't thought of that.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

^This!

...or as a 30th Anniversary compromise for Beast Wars next year, I'd be willing to accept a modern take on Tripredacus/Tripledacus &/or Magnaboss/II!

An image has surfaced for a figure that they figure will either be a Combiner Wars Ratchet or Prowl:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-reveal/32717/

Personally I'm hoping for a Ratchet as I dont have a decent CHUG figure of him, though he would be a bit small in scale compared to many of the others from the Generations and Classics lines

Default Unite Warriors Defensor?

I just discovered that Unite Warriors UW-02 - Menasor is going for $100US from HLJ as opposed to $135US from BBTS so just ordered myself one I don't usually buy doubles of figures but I'm loving this series so much I'm getting the CW as well as the UW figures so I can have the gestalts and the individual bots on display

What do people think the odds are that we will get a Unite Warriors Defensor? One the one had if they've done it with the last two Combiner Wars teams it seems likely they will do it here. However part of the appeal is that UW Superion and Defensor come with Slingshot and Wildrider respectively, replacing the new characters with classics - whereas Defensor already has all 5 original Protectobots (plus the new Rook) so it might not have as much selling appeal for those that don't like the roster changes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I just discovered that Unite Warriors UW-02 - Menasor is going for $100US from HLJ as opposed to $135US from BBTS so just ordered myself one I don't usually buy doubles of figures but I'm loving this series so much I'm getting the CW as well as the UW figures so I can have the gestalts and the individual bots on display

What do people think the odds are that we will get a Unite Warriors Defensor? One the one had if they've done it with the last two Combiner Wars teams it seems likely they will do it here. However part of the appeal is that UW Superion and Defensor come with Slingshot and Wildrider respectively, replacing the new characters with classics - whereas Defensor already has all 5 original Protectobots (plus the new Rook) so it might not have as much selling appeal for those that don't like the roster changes.
    100% for a UNite warriors Defensor IMO
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Yeah 100% I don't think they will make a new Groove though unless there is an Afterburner mold we have not seen yet.

Regardless given the cost of the Japanese one is the same as the local one now, If I get one I will be waiting for the Japanese one because the paint aps will be nicer, and I'm hopping they paint the vehicles hubcaps to make them look less cheap.

I think if TakaraTomy does Defensor, they will rename and recolour Rook into Groove... or hold off until there is a motorcycle Deluxe mould for them to use in place of Rook (if the Technobot rumour is true, that would be an option).
    Even though we have Groove as a Legends toy from Hasbro, the TakaraTomy combiner sets don't include the Legends member of each team (Powerglide, Blackjack), so their Defensor set won't have Legends Groove to remain at the same size/price-point as Menasor and Suprion.

The futuristic design of Streetwise makes me think *someone* planned to re-purpose a potential Afterburner as Groove sometime in the future. I think Takara will wait until Hasbro have announced the Technobots before announcing their version of Defensor. Remember Hasbro announced Superion/Menasor at least half a year or so before showing off the Protectobots...

Maybe at Botcon we'll see what Hasbro have planned for the next phase of the line.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but whatever happened to profile/bio and tech spec info?

The CW figures only seem to have a very brief one liner about the figure's "specialty" and that's it.