Page 58 of 120 FirstFirst ... 384853545556575859606162636878 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    If heard of this before but never tried it. I don't have access to my skids right now to try it. Any chance of some pics to show he difference?

As for my own realisation, I was fiddling with the deluxe movie Brawl earlier and finally discovered that his massive cannon can slide up his forearm so it's not quite so awkward.
    I currently don't have any pictures, but you can't really notice it too much. He just holds poses much better and his shoulders look slightly broader.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I got a rude reminder just now that every line has it's share of turds. I got TFA Swoop, Slag and Wreck-gar in the mail today. Slag is, OK. Swoop is, basic. And Wreck-gar is just plain bad. Oh well, I'm so close to having all the TFA characters now. Just 5 more toys to go and I'll have all the retail TFA characters, then I can start on those Club characters.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Took me ages to figure out thar the feet of the classics Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen mould can actually be extended a cm or so, really helps with posing so they don't fall over

Transforming Death Star Darth Vader for the first time in a long time, I found out about the opening parts in the shoulders and legs that can hold the pilots.

ROTF Nightbeat was originally meant to be Packrat

I thought it was a poor movie version of Nightbeat, and would have liked it much more if it was a movie version of Packrat.

I just made the connection today... the third part of the Transformers Prime franchise was called "Beast Hunters," and that name an homage to Beast Machines: Transformers as 'Beast Hunters' was the original working title for that franchise before it was later finalised as "Beast Machines."

"BEAST HUNTERS, the next evolution of the popular Beast Wars franchise, continue their fight against the evil dragon Megatron and his hordes of Predacons in 13 all-new episodes with cutting edge computer animation, action, adventure and humor, produced by Mainframe Entertainment."
    Fox! Kids press release, 10/2/1999

Only took me 2 years to notice this. #slow Although it appears that TFwiki hasn't noticed it either, as it's not mentioned on the footnotes of their TFP: Beast Hunters page.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I just made the connection today... the third part of the Transformers Prime franchise was called "Beast Hunters," and that name an homage to Beast Machines: Transformers as 'Beast Hunters' was the original working title for that franchise before it was later finalised as "Beast Machines."

"BEAST HUNTERS, the next evolution of the popular Beast Wars franchise, continue their fight against the evil dragon Megatron and his hordes of Predacons in 13 all-new episodes with cutting edge computer animation, action, adventure and humor, produced by Mainframe Entertainment."
    Fox! Kids press release, 10/2/1999

Only took me 2 years to notice this. #slow Although it appears that TFwiki hasn't noticed it either, as it's not mentioned on the footnotes of their TFP: Beast Hunters page.
    Always easier to renew a trademark than to file a new one.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

The trademark for Beast Hunters may very well have expired considering, if it was ever filed at all. Even if they had filed it, TFPBH came out in 2013, and let's assume that the trademark was filed in 2012, that's still a good thirteen year gap. Surely any trademark would've expired by then. We didn't see Hasbro using the Beast Hunters name at any time between 1999-2013 so there doesn't appear to be any sign of them maintaining the trademark through usage. I suspect that the homage was done more out of opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Even if they had filed it, TFPBH came out in 2013, and let's assume that the trademark was filed in 2012, that's still a good thirteen year gap.
    I believe you mean either 2002 or 2001 or something like that... :P

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I believe you mean either 2002 or 2001 or something like that... :P
    Transformers Prime Beast Hunters ran from 2013-2014, thus the trademark for that name would presumably have been filed in 2012. If Hasbro had trademarked the 'Beast Hunters' name for the Beast Wars sequel, then they would have done so in 1999. Beast Machines was already over by 2001-02 which were the Robots In Disguise years.