Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Non-transforming Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Hehe, I continue to appreciate your admiration for my SW Collective mate, admittedly it has hit some-what of a backburner status over the past year but at last count I was sitting at 43x Individual Molds with no repaints.
    43 individual molds is damn impressive mate!

The only Soundwave repaints I have are TF Prime & Beast Hunters Soundwave (as I wanted Ravage), FOC Soundwave & Soundblaster and Decceptihog Soundwave & Soundblaster. All the others are separate molds. Guessing altogether I have about 20 or maybe a little more if you count Soundblasters as well

Silver Knight Optimus Prime $8 at Target with free shipping.
    http://www.target.com.au/p/transform...-3-cm/55701488

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    43 individual molds is damn impressive mate!

The only Soundwave repaints I have are TF Prime & Beast Hunters Soundwave (as I wanted Ravage), FOC Soundwave & Soundblaster and Decceptihog Soundwave & Soundblaster. All the others are separate molds. Guessing altogether I have about 20 or maybe a little more if you count Soundblasters as well
    Nice! - I consider TF:P & BH Soundwave to be separate figures, as there is enough retooling to be considered a new mold in my eyes (Gotta go for the TakTom colours on BH though).

Can you believe that I managed to miss counting MP Soundave in that tally!?

<Tangent> Went to Big W hoping to score a "Hero Mashers" Soundwave, they were there literally on Monday... They are no longer there , they did have the Reissue TMNT '80s Party Van though after being decimated a year or so ago and for $30 I was happy to come away with that! </Tangent>

I don't think I have a problem with Transformers that don't transform as such, so long as they are decent toys. For example, I think the Hero Mashers are fine as their gimmick is almost a different kind of transforming, and they make for decent action figures with good articulation and styling. On the other hand, those Titan things are a complete waste of plastic and should be melted down; they're the cheapest, nastiest looking things that look like they escaped from the early 90s when the attitude was "f*** it, they're just toys". So yeah, decent toys with play value are fine, bad toys are unacceptable.

What I do have a problem with is things that aren't Transformers, but carry the TF branding in one way or another. I have been known to lump the Titans into this category, but what I really mean is things like Star Wars Transformers, Angry Birds, or Marvel Crossovers. They just aren't real Transformers product but still take up shelf space which ought to be used by real TF merchandise, and it makes me sad. They're kind of the inverse of third party products (which I also have a problem with) in that way.

I don't have a lot of time for super-deformed or cutesy TFs like the Q Transformers or Botshots, but at least they are actual Transformers products with Transformers characters. I'd still they rather not take up the shelf space though. I truly wish Hasbro would consolidate their resources and focus on making mainline and Generations figures the best they can be, but it seems diversification is the corporate mandate of the day, and as a fan who doesn't have a lot of insider knowledge of the toy business I can't argue with that - but I don't have to like it.

The worst type of non-transforming Transformers? The Movie Unleashed line. Transformers that don't transform. A figure that you can't pose. A vehicle that you can't brum-brum around. And the icing on the cake - seeing a wall full of large cool-looking transformers boxes from afar, only to find major duds.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    The worst type of non-transforming Transformers? The Movie Unleashed line. Transformers that don't transform. A figure that you can't pose. A vehicle that you can't brum-brum around. And the icing on the cake - seeing a wall full of large cool-looking transformers boxes from afar, only to find major duds.
    I've always viewed the Unleashed line as being more like budget statues than action figures. From that point of view, they're perfectly acceptable - if not always good at doing what they're supposed to do. I thought the movie Optimus was kind of poor, but the first Bumblebee was awesome (and why don't I have it anymore?).

heh only if they are deformed

MyClones, Loyal Subjects, Robot Heroes, Vending Machine PVCs
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion