Page 78 of 183 FirstFirst ... 586873747576777879808182838898 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

I just chuck a little something in the PoL for the other half, she has her own collections

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    God damnit I made a rookie mistake....

Was trying to see if my MP23 and MP24 had shipped from RK.. And noticed it had Home address.... Wifey's gonna be mad!
    Ha ha ha ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Just do what I do and try to convince her that you did in fact tell her about it and that she even approved you placing the order. Just remember to be convincing She'll be mad at herself for allowing you to buy it but you'll be in the clear.
    I Like this!
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I don't see why you guys/girls find it worth hiding your purchases/lying to your spouses about? surely it's going to create problems down the track?
    Shhhhhhhhh >.>

I just realised instead of having my Star Sabre SENT to my local conveneice store, I picked the option to PAY at the convenience store. On top of that the address it's being sent to is my old address in Japan too. Sigh....... Dammit. Wish I'd picked that before release.
    SUPppaaaaaa facepalm!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Ha ha ha ha!

I Like this!

Shhhhhhhhh >.>

I just realised instead of having my Star Sabre SENT to my local conveneice store, I picked the option to PAY at the convenience store. On top of that the address it's being sent to is my old address in Japan too. Sigh....... Dammit. Wish I'd picked that before release.
    SUPppaaaaaa facepalm!
    At least i sorted mine.... Exhausts delay has held my SS, so RK swapped the addy for me....

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I don't see why you guys/girls find it worth hiding your purchases/lying to your spouses about? surely it's going to create problems down the track?
    Glad to hear that your wife is so accepting of your hobby.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Glad to hear that your wife is so accepting of your hobby.
    She's sometimes less of a fan than others she thinks I probably have enough. but we keep a separate 10% of our income each out of the joint account for our own purposes and it saves many hassles.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

RiD2015 must have a pret-ty small budget considering that they've gone with the cheaper cel-shading animation technique and the first season is only 13 episodes long! Compare this with other CG animated TF series...

Beast Wars
    Season 1 had 26 episodes. After that, their budget got cut, but instead of lowering animation quality, Mainframe cut the number of episodes in half for Seasons 2 and 3 (13 eps each). Season 2 won an Emmy Award for its visual effects.

Transformers Prime
    Seasons 1 and 2 have 26 episodes each with 13 episodes for Season 3 (Beast Hunters). However there was no perceptible drop in animation quality*, and this also became an Emmy Award winning TF series.

I've been less than impressed with the animation in TFRiD2015... it's not terrible per se, but I don't find it terribly exceptional either. And the thing is, RiD2015 was animated by the same animation studio who worked on TF Prime (Polygon Pictures). The only reasonable explanation for the decline in quality and number of episodes would be budget cuts. Quite disappointing for a first season, as first seasons tend to get bigger budgets compared to subsequent** seasons... so if this is the best that RiD2015 can offer us in terms of animation quality, then I'm not getting my hopes up for Season 2.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Except for the "flashback" scenes which were intentionally done as narrated stills, but that was because Polygon's workforce was decimated after the 2011 earthquake/tsunami in Tohoku, Japan. The cheaper and faster animation method was used in order to finish the episode on time with a reduced workforce. Other flashback scenes used the same method to maintain aesthetic consistency; having said that, they do look pretty darn nice!
    **Consider the overall decline in animation quality in the G1 cartoon; especially as they became less reliant on Japanese-based Toei studio and more reliant on the budget South Korean based AKOM productions.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be 26 episodes for season one... but most US shows these days have mid-season breaks that make it look like two separate seasons. Which is really annoying for the good shows, especially when it now gives them the chance to have two cliffhanger episodes each season for viewers to sweat over for a couple months.

I have a feeling that it has been announced somewhere, but now I can't find anything to say how many episodes have been officially announced. I guess we wait and see... but 13 played in quick succession seems very unusual, especially for a first season that is meant to sell a new toyline.

We had 13 in quick succession but in the US they've only aired 3 episodes so far.

Okay, so I downloaded Transformers Angry Birds on my phone today. I have the TF Angry Birds Ultra Magnus and Soundblaster toys... how do I scan them onto the game with my phone? I tapped on the Telepods icon, and it gives me instructions saying, "Place your Telepods figure and base on the camera!" with an animated graphic. I did precisely that and nothing happened. The only available buttons for me to tap are:
    Back
    ?
    Buy Telepods

There's nothing for "begin scan" or whatever. Help!

Did you place the base and fig on the front facing camera (the one on the screen)? If yes just move it around as it sometimes needs to get just right to scan properly.