Thread: TF: The Movie - 30th Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    My picks would be,

-New deluxes of Kup, and Blurr with Cybertronian vehicle modes
    -Takara could do a 2nd run for Arcee.
    -Leader versions of Galvatron and Rodimus Prime
    - Legends Gnaw
    - Legends Wheelie
    -Exclusive set of Legends Sharkticons, also including a variety of non-transformable Quintesson mini figures.
    -Masterpiece Blaster
    -Masterpiece Perceptor
    -Masterpiece Galvatron
    -Masterpiece Cyclonus
    I'd say Blurr really is in need of a new toy. For anyone who doesn't like the IDW style or the lack of G1 accuracy, it kind of sucks to be them. I'd appreciate a toy with as accurate an alt mode as Arcee, with a pretty good robot mode.

Legends Wheelie would be cool too, if they did it as cartoon-accurate as say Powerglide.

I'd prefer my Sharkticons to be deluxes though. It would be more expensive, but they weren't exactly small dudes.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

As others have said, almost all of the TF:TM characters have been made into modern figures, be they Armadaverse, Classicsverse, MP etc. There's very few TFs from The Movie that haven't been realised as a modern toy in some form... it's pretty much just Gnaw and the rest of the Dinobots. Quintessons, Alligatorcons, Lithonians etc. are non-Transformers, but as far as the Transformers are concerned, almost all of them exist now as modern toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I'd say Blurr really is in need of a new toy. For anyone who doesn't like the IDW style or the lack of G1 accuracy, it kind of sucks to be them. I'd appreciate a toy with as accurate an alt mode as Arcee, with a pretty good robot mode.

Legends Wheelie would be cool too, if they did it as cartoon-accurate as say Powerglide.

I'd prefer my Sharkticons to be deluxes though. It would be more expensive, but they weren't exactly small dudes.
    Yeah I mentioned Blurr and Kup exactly for that reason, as their style just doesn't match G1 Accuracy. As kids my brothers actually received these as gifts. Because they were introduced in the movie, I feel its pretty important they get them re done closer to the original source.
    With Gnaw I would prefer deluxe as well, but I put down Legends for a couple of reasons. Mainly because there was a rumour, he was to be released as a Legend figure.

Sharkticons / Quintessons. That is all.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

This is all excellent news. You G1 fans have already been satiated with previous toys, leaving the path clear for more Beast Wars figures!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    This is all excellent news. You G1 fans have already been satiated with previous toys, leaving the path clear for more Beast Wars figures!
    Nope! No. Nup. Na. No freakin way! I/we will be satiated when they give us...

...Generations Sixshot, Quickswitch, Dogfight, Backstreet, Override, The Technobots, The Predacons, The Terrorcons, Bludgeon, all the Throttlebots, Highbrow, Crankcase, Windsweeper, Ruckus, Battletrap, Flywheels, The Seacons, Fortress Maximus, Scorponok, Trypticon, Omega Supreme, the remaining Dinobots, Gnaw, Fastlane, Cloudraker, Getaway, Hubcap, Mainframe, The Predators, Broadside, Six-Gun....

... well you get the idea

To be honest, I'd rather see them continue to focus on G1 with Classicsverse, because G1 toys are in more desperate need of Classicsverse updates than BW. The only Classicsverse Beast Era toys that I own are:
    * Generations Waspinator
    * Generations Rhinox
    * Generations Tankor
    ...and IMHO neither of those toys are - in relative terms - substantial improvements over their original counterparts. Rhinox is the best of the lot, but he's also more than double the cost of the original Deluxe figure; so in relative terms (re: size, price), I still think that Deluxe Rhinox is about as good as the Voyager. With Waspinator, the Generations toy is better in some aspects (e.g. able to stand in beast mode, cool wing gimmick), but the original is also better in others (e.g. more realistically looking beast mode which has no gaps, robot hands are better concealed). And I think that the original Mega Tankor and even the Basic Tank Drone toys are better than the Generations figure. The Generations toy visually looks nice in terms of show-likeness, particularly the robot mode, but in terms of being fun toys, the BM versions are better IMHO (e.g. spinning buzz saws, moving eyeball and movable turret on Mega, spinning cannon gimmick on the Basic [which is more show-accurate than the Generations figure IMO]). I don't own Rattrap nor have I seen one IRL, so I cannot comment about that toy. Universe Cheetor and Dinobot were both rather poor toys, and I felt that neither of those improved over the originals. They have done much better with Generations, I will say that.

Rhinox is the only figure that I've encountered so far which I felt was a definitive improvement over the original. And I think that this is a credit to the original Beast Wars toys, which were so well made that they really haven't dated as badly as G1 figures. A lot of toy design/engineering standards today sprang from the late G2 ( I don't think that Reveal the Shield Optimus Prime is really much better or worse than G2 Laser Optimus Prime) and Beast Wars era. IMO the original Terrorsaur mould still massively beats down Age of Extinction Deluxe Strafe, despite being a smaller and much cheaper Basic figure! And it was a one-step changer which completely outclasses the one-step changers that we have today!

G1 toys were much more restricted by the design limitations of the 1980s and early 90s, whereas Beast Wars came along and gave us a toy design 'Renaissance' which forever changed the way that Transformers toys were engineered. Classicsverse is essentially giving us G1 toys with what is really, Beast Wars-descendent engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Nope! No. Nup. Na. No freakin way! I/we will be satiated when they give us...

...Generations Sixshot, Quickswitch, Dogfight, Backstreet, Override, The Technobots, The Predacons, The Terrorcons, Bludgeon, all the Throttlebots, Highbrow, Crankcase, Windsweeper, Ruckus, Battletrap, Flywheels, The Seacons, Fortress Maximus, Scorponok, Trypticon, Omega Supreme, the remaining Dinobots, Gnaw, Fastlane, Cloudraker, Getaway, Hubcap, Mainframe, The Predators, Broadside, Six-Gun....

... well you get the idea
    Haha! I meant in relation to the G1 Movie.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    To be honest, I'd rather see them continue to focus on G1 with Classicsverse, because G1 toys are in more desperate need of Classicsverse updates than BW. The only Classicsverse Beast Era toys that I own are:
    * Generations Waspinator
    * Generations Rhinox
    * Generations Tankor
    ...and IMHO neither of those toys are - in relative terms - substantial improvements over their original counterparts. Rhinox is the best of the lot, but he's also more than double the cost of the original Deluxe figure; so in relative terms (re: size, price), I still think that Deluxe Rhinox is about as good as the Voyager. With Waspinator, the Generations toy is better in some aspects (e.g. able to stand in beast mode, cool wing gimmick), but the original is also better in others (e.g. more realistically looking beast mode which has no gaps, robot hands are better concealed). And I think that the original Mega Tankor and even the Basic Tank Drone toys are better than the Generations figure. The Generations toy visually looks nice in terms of show-likeness, particularly the robot mode, but in terms of being fun toys, the BM versions are better IMHO (e.g. spinning buzz saws, moving eyeball and movable turret on Mega, spinning cannon gimmick on the Basic [which is more show-accurate than the Generations figure IMO]). I don't own Rattrap nor have I seen one IRL, so I cannot comment about that toy. Universe Cheetor and Dinobot were both rather poor toys, and I felt that neither of those improved over the originals. They have done much better with Generations, I will say that.

Rhinox is the only figure that I've encountered so far which I felt was a definitive improvement over the original. And I think that this is a credit to the original Beast Wars toys, which were so well made that they really haven't dated as badly as G1 figures. A lot of toy design/engineering standards today sprang from the late G2 ( I don't think that Reveal the Shield Optimus Prime is really much better or worse than G2 Laser Optimus Prime) and Beast Wars era. IMO the original Terrorsaur mould still massively beats down Age of Extinction Deluxe Strafe, despite being a smaller and much cheaper Basic figure! And it was a one-step changer which completely outclasses the one-step changers that we have today!

G1 toys were much more restricted by the design limitations of the 1980s and early 90s, whereas Beast Wars came along and gave us a toy design 'Renaissance' which forever changed the way that Transformers toys were engineered. Classicsverse is essentially giving us G1 toys with what is really, Beast Wars-descendent engineering.
    I can highly recommend Generations Rattrap. He's a delight.

I think the word that best describes Generations Waspinator (in relation to the original toy) is sleeker. He's by no means perfect, as I think he could have done away with the wing gimmick, or had the option to lock the wings in the outward position, but I feel he's still an improvement on the original -- though I certainly understand you're point of view.

There's no doubt the Generations line will, for the most part, continue to focus on G1 toys, and I'm not asking for that to change. But the line's name is Generations, not Generation. This is why I think a few Beast Wars characters will slip into the mix again in the future.

The Transmetals and Transmetal 2's don't need to be redone -- they're perfectly fine and rival the toys being produced today. But it would be nice to see the eventual recreation of the 14 Season 1 figures. We're 3 down (Rattrap, Rhinox and Waspinator), leaving 11 to go (Cheetor and Dinobot both need another going over as the Henkei/Classics molds were not up to par).

I'm not asking for all 11 in one hit. Give us a chunk of them next year, then one or two every so often after that. I'd be happy as a pig in mud.

I still think the toys and IDW comics will continue to be closely aligned. Yes, the ongoing comics are an extension of G1 but they've incorporated parts of other continuities. You might get other appearances by BW characters.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.