Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-transforming Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post

I prefer toys that transform generally, the others are more whimsical purchases.
    Yep - feel the same

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    I love em. Robot mode ones of course. If they have good articulation, good show accuracy, or are just plain cute - like those mini figures and vinyls. It's hard not to collect a set of Autobots.

(Vehicle mode only ones) I forgot about those. They're the worst. RPMs and stealth force are pretty pointless.
    Yep and yep again. My wife really liked the Robot Heroes and Kreons - some of the few she would let me pop on our bookshelves. I only have one RPM and that was given to me by one of my students parents for Xmas.

This got me thinknig and I realized that out of my 1600+ TF's I've probably got over a hundred now that don't actually transform I don't generally buy non-transforming ones but if it's G1 based I generally can't resist them!

What can I say - I'm a sucker for'em!

I do like non transforming TFs but mostly g1 based.
    IN my collection I do have non-transforming TFs
    Actionmasters
    Kreos
    Robotmasters
    Revoltech
    MyClone
    some Kabaya but generally no hehehe
    Those little cute SD figures they've been selling off recently which included characters from G1 to TF prime and Bayverse.
    TF Spuds - Potatohead

So yeah Im okay with them in general - prolly like the rest that I do mind if it's just stuck in vehicle mode - unless that's what the product really is - coz I do have Optimus and Bumblebee Tomicas - which unlike RPMs do not pretend to be transforming rolling gravestones - stand them up and there you have the robot mode, ugh.... theyre just vehicle modes of the 2 TFs, Op and Bee.
    Last edited by liegeprime; 22nd March 2015 at 01:29 AM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I guess I'm kinda impartial. If it transforms, its amazing. If its articulate or has its own unique function, that's just as cool. It's the brand itself which you should be interested in. Mind you, Hasbro can pull some really weird shit out that's kinda both transforming and nontransforming. I'm looking at you Hero Mashers.

I have a Revoltech Jetwing Optimus. Kinda really cool. Can get some super dynamic poses with him and his weapons. I'd get more if I could. A cheap DMK would be amazing.
    I also have a custom Leader Class ROTF The Fallen, something I build myself. Doesn't really transform either.

No sir, I don't like them.

As a general rule, I'm not a fan. But...

I would totally buy a Robot Replica/Revoltech Kick-Off.

I don't go for vehicle only TF's at all. Stealth Force, etc. They strike me as kind of pointless.

Interesting question. My blanket response is 'no', because, well, the core of the franchise is toys that transform. However, I recognise there is a place for non-transforming robots, since transforming toys are 'compromised' in one way or another in order to accommodate two (or more) modes.

I currently only have one - Robot Replicas Frenzy, because I wanted a good representation of the character's robot mode.

As a Soundwave mold-completionist, I've had to learn to accept that many a TF product is non-transformable; Some can be actually quite nice and some even fun, then there's Actionmasters.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    : I don't generally buy non-transforming ones but if it's G1 based I generally can't resist them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I currently only have one - Robot Replicas Frenzy, because I wanted a good representation of the character's robot mode.

Oh snap! I forgot about them!

Actually between statuettes, Kreons and Robot Heroes I've prob got quite a few non-G1 non-transforming figures

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    As a Soundwave mold-completionist, I've had to learn to accept that many a TF product is non-transformable; Some can be actually quite nice and some even fun, then there's Actionmasters.
    Think I've got a at least a couple of non-transforming Soundwaves- a Kids Logic one and a Soundblaster Statuette off the top of my head, will have to check if I have more. One day I'll get around to buying Action Master Soundwave and Shockwave

Out of interest Hursty, how many Soundwaves are you up to? I know I've professed great admiration for you extensive collection in the past, and that was a while ago. I'm guessing you have a lot more now as my SW collection nears the number you used to have

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Think I've got a at least a couple of non-transforming Soundwaves- a Kids Logic one and a Soundblaster Statuette off the top of my head, will have to check if I have more. One day I'll get around to buying Action Master Soundwave and Shockwave
    I'd love to pickup the Soundwave Palisades statues at some point, they're a pricey venture though and my dwindling display/storage space may help to dictate otherwise.

I REALLY want one of those Kids-Logic Soundwaves but as he was only ever sold in that 5-pack (Too expensive) and singularly he's near impossible to distinguish from the KO that's seen release, this one remains annoyingly at arms reach too.

Out of interest Hursty, how many Soundwaves are you up to? I know I've professed great admiration for you extensive collection in the past, and that was a while ago. I'm guessing you have a lot more now as my SW collection nears the number you used to have
    Hehe, I continue to appreciate your admiration for my SW Collective mate, admittedly it has hit some-what of a backburner status over the past year but at last count I was sitting at 43x Individual Molds with no repaints.