Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: "MISB" Shockwave scam auction

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    ... and so llamatron tyransforms but get cut down by a big axe in tidbits throwing his life so recklessly.....

seriously though this is a good spot llama..... some poor soul is gonna be mighty unhappy when they receive their fake Shockwave ... gone are the days when you can spot who's bidding from the bidlogs so at least you can contact and warn the poor sods of their error. hopefully its all shill bids..
    We lost a comrade today, but he did not die in vain.......
    Mission accomplished, Autobots
    Let's take llamatron back to base....

LOL

Glad the item has been pulled of ebay. I could have been the one buying it and never gonna know it's a KO. I'm glad i came across this forum

C.J.

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
    We lost a comrade today, but he did not die in vain.......
    Mission accomplished, Autobots
    Let's take llamatron back to base....

LOL

Glad the item has been pulled of ebay. I could have been the one buying it and never gonna know it's a KO. I'm glad i came across this forum

C.J.
    And knowing is half the battle.... the other half, well llamatron paid the price to know it
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

A little to the left... a little bit more...

What a fool - trying to act all casual and noble like he's doing the right thing by pulling the auction... Too bad he forgot his first story (that it was from his Dad's collection) and also that the fact that many of us (myself included) reported the item and ebay forced him to take it down!

Loser!!

In the words of Janine: "We've Got One!".

Good thing this one hasn't been bidded on yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    In the words of Janine: "We've Got One!".

Good thing this one hasn't been bidded on yet.
    But that one isn't trying to hide the fact that is is a KO... it says "reissue" which is what is often used to describe KOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilspill View Post
    But that one isn't trying to hide the fact that is is a KO... it says "reissue" which is what is often used to describe KOs.
    I suppose it's subjective?
    You see to me, the term 'Reissue' being used is purely because the term knock-off obviously suggests something negative and hence, whilst maybe not intentional, is still a form of concealment.

You are bidding on an as new and complete set Shockwave, open for curiosity but never really played with.
    This line just suggests to me that the seller knows more than what he's letting on, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I suppose it's subjective?
    You see to me, the term 'Reissue' being used is purely because the term knock-off obviously suggests something negative and hence, whilst maybe not intentional, is still a form of concealment.

This line just suggests to me that the seller knows more than what he's letting on, IMO.
    Oh, yeah I agree. But be aware of any auction that says "reissue", because it is often used to describe KOs. Sometimes they say "chinese reissue". I guess they technically are a reissue of sorts, since they're using the same moulds most of the time, but they're certainly not an official reissue.

With Shockwave it is easy to tell, since he's never had an official reissue.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilspill View Post
    Oh, yeah I agree. But be aware of any auction that says "reissue", because it is often used to describe KOs. Sometimes they say "chinese reissue".
    Calling them 'reissues' or 'Chinese reissues' is just a way of lying to get around eBay's listing policies. There are genuine Chinese reissues, but this isn't one.

I agree with Sky Shadow. There's a big difference between an official reproduction (reissue) and a counterfeit (KO).

And just because a Transformer is a Chinese version, doesn't necessarily mean it's fake as there are legit Chinese reissues of Transformers (reference)