Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro confirms 4 more movies

Default Hasbro confirms 4 more movies

Apparantly hasbro confirms there will be 4 movies on the way

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/10/03/h...-movies-302304

Hopefully with the expanded universe they will be good movies. Also it means Transformers will be mainstream for another 10 years.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Do we really need more Transformer movies? The first Trilogy was already alright. I mean the toys from 1-3 were fun, 4 was boring so unless they introduce Mini-cons or combiners, I'm just gonna go and say, Meh.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

any1 here excited for the Mad Max sequel?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

I don't mind them making more movies, but can't we just have a new director? Regardless of what anyone thinks about Michael Bay, I think it's really high time that someone else had a turn. I'm struggling to think of any other long-lasting film series that kept the same director at the helm for so long. Even the Police Academy movies had six directors. Sly Stallone directed 4/6 Rocky movies -- so he's on par with Bay and his current number of four TF films. Likewise George Lucas has directed 4/6 Star Wars films, and we know that he's not going to direct the sequels; so assuming that Disney makes a sequel trilogy, Lucas will have directed 4/9 Star Wars films.

Four movies over ten years. It seems that an overarching storyline is planned, based on the writer's room sessions. I'm all for it.

According to this article, Michael Bay is directing (he's definitely involved as an executive producer), but it hasn't been confirmed on his website yet.

The TV show The Project on Channel 10 tonight mentioned the news of four more Transformers movies coming, and each one seemed to be paying out on how bad the first four were (in their opinion).
    It was only a 1 minute segment, so it was mostly commentary - no news or info revealed.
    (the show repeats later tonight for anyone keen enough - and is probably on the Tenplay website)

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't mind them making more movies, but can't we just have a new director? Regardless of what anyone thinks about Michael Bay, I think it's really high time that someone else had a turn. I'm struggling to think of any other long-lasting film series that kept the same director at the helm for so long. Even the Police Academy movies had six directors. Sly Stallone directed 4/6 Rocky movies -- so he's on par with Bay and his current number of four TF films. Likewise George Lucas has directed 4/6 Star Wars films, and we know that he's not going to direct the sequels; so assuming that Disney makes a sequel trilogy, Lucas will have directed 4/9 Star Wars films.
    I'm with you. Besides my hate for Bay i'd like to see a different approach to the movies by a different director.

Bay's "style" is so loud and overbearing that it's not like you can forget that it's a Bay movie when you watch it. The slow mo, gratuitous butt shots, pandering to the US army, ridiculously OTT human characters etc

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The TV show The Project on Channel 10 tonight mentioned the news of four more Transformers movies coming, and each one seemed to be paying out on how bad the first four were (in their opinion).
    It was only a 1 minute segment, so it was mostly commentary - no news or info revealed.
    (the show repeats later tonight for anyone keen enough - and is probably on the Tenplay website)
    Oh no, a bunch of c-list Aussie celebrities on a show that should have been canned years ago bagging out a multi-billion dollar movie franchise. How will Transformers ever recover from it?!

Keep the movies coming, even when they are not great I always find something to like about them and I'll be front row centre in my wheelchair and oxygen-rig watching the premiere of TF37

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For a guy who proclaims to not watch reality tv shows, ACA and the like, you seem to 'bump' into these shows a lot.