View Poll Results: TF5 Last Knight Movie - worth watching?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the best one so far

6 8.96%
  • Yes, but not the best one

29 43.28%
  • No, it was disappointing

18 26.87%
  • I don't plan to see it

14 20.90%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Movie Review - TF5 The Last Knight

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Finally watching the bonus features on the TF5 DVD/BR.
    *snip
    wall
    of
    text*
    Had to double check poster's username.

Well, the movie had its first screening on free-to-air TV tonight... so I'm guessing there would be some people here who watched it for the first time, and maybe some people who saw it again.

I didn't watch it last night but have found I like it less each time I watch it. It's now my least favourite Transformers movie whereas I used to rank it above ROTF. Such an anticlimactic ending and convoluted story.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I didn't watch it last night but have found I like it less each time I watch it. It's now my least favourite Transformers movie whereas I used to rank it above ROTF. Such an anticlimactic ending and convoluted story.
    Back in the day, I used to adore watching these TF movies. Had all the toys. Then something just clicked when I saw TLK at the cinemas. Now I have no desire to watch any of them. Agree, the ending is terrible. ROTF is still my second favourite though, oddly enough.

Rewatched it for sh**s and giggles with a couple of mates a month ago. An absolute trainwreck of a film. Michael Bay almost seems to have contempt for the subject matter and the viewing audience.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Still better than John Wick

Watched the first hour (incl. ads)... then I couldn't watch any more. I noticed that Megatron refers to Starscream as "treacherous," but in the Movieverse Starscream has always been steadfastly loyal to Megatron! What did he ever do for Megatron to refer to his head as "treacherous"?!

The weirdest thing about TF5 is this was after they'd brought in the story group, right? To make the Bayverse more cohesive and have some consistent internal logic?

And instead they just broke the absolute shit out of whatever minimal continuity there already was.

Movies 1 - 3 are a reasonably enjoyable trilogy (DOTM is faaaar and away my favourite, especially once it gets going), with TF4 being an okay 'standalone' movie.

It's best to forget this one even exists, especially since they're never going to bother finishing the story...

BAYFORMERS CONTINUITY!

• Transformers - Cybertronians were created by the AllSpark Cube. Megatron arrives on Earth in the 19th Century and others follow in the 21st Century. The Transformers can transform. Quest MacGuffin: AllSpark

• Revenge of the Fallen - Cybertronians have been on Earth since ancient times. Megatron has been collaborating with the Fallen for millennia and must kill Optimus Prime so that the Fallen may rise again and destroy the Sun and Earth. The first Cybertronians were governed by 7 Primes. The Transformers can transform. Quest MacGuffin: Matrix of Leadership

• Dark of the Moon - Decepticons have been on Earth throughout the 20th century manipulating humans to go to the moon. Megatron has been collaborating with Sentinel Prime for millennia and must keep Optimus Prime alive so that he may restore Sentinel Prime. Earth must remain in tact so that the humans can be enslaved to rebuild Cybertron. Megatron is killed. The Transformers can transform. Quest MacGuffin: Sentinel Prime & his space bridge pylons

• Age of Extinction - Cybertronians were created by a race of pink fleshy things and they visited Earth in prehistoric times and cyberformed the planet (but Earth got better). The Pinkies send a bounty hunter to Earth. Megatron is rebuilt as Galvatron. Ancient Cybertron had knights (I guess they must've served the Primes). It turns out that Optimus Prime was one of them and the others become Dinobots. The Autobots morph and the Decepticons change by become flying sugar cubes. Quest MacGuffin: the seed

• The Last Knight - Cybertronians were created by a single robotic goddess. Optimus Prime is surprised that Cybertron is devastated even though it was already devastated after the loss of the AllSpark and he saw Cybertron damaged by the collapsing space bridge. Cybertronian Knights (not the Dinobots though, they're now reduced to being robotic pets) arrived on Earth in the Middle Ages. Autobots have been active on Earth for centuries (but I guess they never encountered the Seekers and never bothered to do anything during previous Earth-shattering events) with apparent 21st century alt modes. Earth is Unicron, who idly remained dormant when the Star Harvester was activated and when Cybertron entered Earth orbit. Galvatron is Megatron now because... reasons. Bumblebee can disassemble and reassemble himself, an ability that he has never used before and never uses again even in several situations where it would've been really useful. A half dead Cybertron comes back to Earth and Unicron becomes aroused this time. Order of blah blah, human knight yada yada yada. The Transformers all morph, and some can combine by falling on top of each other and just morphing into... some bigger thing. Quest MacGuffin: Merlin's staff

I can?t believe Hollywood still gives the writer of films 3-5, Ehren Kruger, work. Look at the sub-standard tripe he brings out, namely the Ghost in the shell remake and Dumbo. I couldn?t believe they let him co-write Top Gun Maverick. Looks like I?ll write that movie off now.