Thread: ACT Transformers Sightings.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Went to Impact Comics today to check for Henkei's & Encore's. They had a huge amount of stock but their pricing was crazy on most things. I picked up a Encore Metroflex for $169.

Other stuff they had were:
    Encore
    Omega Supreme - $249.99
    Skywarp/Thundercracker - $149.99
    Minbot Set - $59.99

Henkei
    Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Tankor/Octane, Galvatron & Ironhide - $49.99

MP Thundercracker - $249

I wouldnt advise getting anything from these guys unless you cant find it anywhere else.

yowza, they're charging 100% more on that place ei, Omega?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Yeah its crazy, very glad I picked Omega's up when they were at $170(at the same shop!), the shop owners claim its because of the weak aussie dollar, but I think their mark up is over the top. Im sure they will learn when their stock just sits there.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme
    Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    Yeah its crazy, very glad I picked Omega's up when they were at $170(at the same shop!), the shop owners claim its because of the weak aussie dollar, but I think their mark up is over the top. Im sure they will learn when their stock just sits there.
    That's typical of Australian import pricing due to all the import taxes, duties, levies etc. slapped on by the government. I have a good friend who used to work at an import store who explained it all to me one time but it's way too much for me to remember. But if it shelfwarms long enough we might see it get slashed to move dead stock. I remember when God Ginrai was shelfwarming at import stores here and they slashed the price down to $20.

The hilarious thing was when TRU started getting Hasbro reissues, but they were obscenely overcharging for them to the point where even at 200% inflation, the Japanese imports were nearly the same price! For example, Hasbro reissue Inferno, Prowl, Tracks etc. were initially selling at TRU for $75 whereas I saw importers in Sydney and Perth selling the Japanese reissues of those toys for $85. For an extra $10 why wouldn't you just buy the import and get the chrome, proper working missile launchers, tech specs card, file cards etc.?! Then Sydney importers slashed the price of TFC reissues down to $65, making them $10 cheaper than TRU!

After the imports all moved TRU then finally started slashing their prices in a desperate attempt to move their dead stock - I saw prices reduced down to as low as $25, but even then the stock moved slowly probably because most collectors had already gotten the Japanese reissues at a similar price (or cheaper price if they were ordering from Japan via dealers like HLJ!).

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Surprisingly good. I have never wanted the Powerglide toy (since it looks nothing like him) but Stormcloud is quite pretty and If he is still around after my trip (doubt it though) I may go pick him up, he looks nice and decepticon-y.
    Had a look around yesterday, but couldnt find him anywhere

Anyways Toyworld Fyshwick has
    Universe Treadbolt - $39.99
    Universe Prowl, Sunstreaker, Galvatron & Acidstorm - $24.99

and thats all I checked prices on. They did have quite a few of the Universe legends figures though.

Smile

Hey guys! Im new, living in canberra. I work in the city, so Im always out at lunch doing the rounds to see if any of stores have something new! also Im out every second weekend checking both Toys R Us (brand depot seems to stock more than the belconnen store) k-marts, myers and toyworlds, and will be sure to post anything you may want to know!

ok, Big W in the Canberra Centre has 3 Cheetors, 2 Cyclonus and 1 Starscream.
    Target (Canberra Centre) has a truckload of Rescue Ratchet, Stealth Lockdown and a whole bunch of new TF Universe figures!

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

can we please have a separate ACT thread for this.

for anyone in Canberra, Impact Comics in the city has Animated Blurr, Swindle and Soundwave for $29.99 each.

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    for anyone in Canberra, Impact Comics in the city has Animated Blurr, Swindle and Soundwave for $29.99 each.
    thanks for that, i hardly ever go in there due to the high prices but they dont sound too bad