View Poll Results: TR Voyager Megatron - worth buying?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 45.83%
  • Only if...

2 8.33%
  • I'll wait for the inevitable Blitzwing version

7 29.17%
  • Not worth it.

1 4.17%
  • Not even interested in this.

3 12.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Megatron with Doomshot

I've got to say that this mold absolutely destroys Gen Blitzwing, which to be fair I thought was thoroughly underwhelming.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I've got to say that this mold absolutely destroys Gen Blitzwing, which to be fair I thought was thoroughly underwhelming.
    I have to agree. The shoulders on Gen Blitzwing are atrocious and changing the faces is a strain.

Does anyone else have trouble getting the arms to peg in in jet mode? Aside from a complete lack of friction, they just don't want to sit flush after I fold them back. I can't figure out what's interfering, but it has tonbe something.

My only real niggle with the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Cheers for that, Jellico. The retooled chest does make it look much better.

It's only the back rise of the cockpit that forms the top of G1 Blitzwing's chest. Most of his cockpit actually sits on his back.

Although bear in mind that Generations Blitzwing was exclusively designed to be Blitzwing rather than being co-designed to be Blitzwing and Megatron. A similar argument could exist for CW G1 Megatron as that toy was concurrently developed to be Armada Megatron as well.
    I would argue that he was pretty much designed to be G1 Megatron from the beginning. The Armada bits seem pretty tacked on and last minute.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I'm really liking this figure. Nicely fills a Megatron void in my collection. I've always been a fan of the character, but have had a hard time finding toys that adequately capture that character. (I'm not including any Armada/Cybertron/Energon/BW lines here). For me the only ones that have worked are WFC Meggs & Henkei - love both these!
    (Tho I might be interested in adopting a CW version if someone wanted to rehome one...)

And now this TR Blitzwing pre-mould.
    I do love a triple changer, and this one is not too bad at all. As per normal, both alts are a little compromised, but still pretty solid, useable, and distinctive. Easily the best of 3-mode TR voyagers so far IMO.
    Bot mode looks fantastic, despite the lack of paint and the questionable stickers. So much G1 appeal.

The stickers on mine are fine so far. No lifting/peeling, and placed correctly.
    But the right arm/tank tread assembly was pretty loose and didn't sit flush in jet mode. This problem was mentioned in some other reviews as well. A layer of superglue on the bot shoulder peg and the jet mode pegs fixed the problem. Sits flush and holds together nicely now.

I think my biggest grip would be the lack of cockpit for the titan master dude in tank mode. Not a fan of him sitting exposed in the tank turret. Jet mode cockpit is cool tho.
    And the second gun accessory thing (which is pretty useless and I dont use at all) should be black. Think I'll maybe paint this one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonalyth View Post
    Does anyone else have trouble getting the arms to peg in in jet mode? Aside from a complete lack of friction, they just don't want to sit flush after I fold them back. I can't figure out what's interfering, but it has tonbe something.

My only real niggle with the figure.
    See above.
    Last edited by klystron; 3rd May 2017 at 10:27 PM.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Good figure, like all the modes, but giving him Toyworld Hegemon's arm cannon improves him a lot IMHO...

^ Yes. Yes it does.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That high angle makes it look like he has been skipping his leg work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    That high angle makes it look like he has been skipping his leg work.
    Nah, he looks like that from all angles! Absolutely never heard of leg day.