holy crap, those scorpys and aghhhhh
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    here is the ultimate army builder, be in awe :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEdrs...eature=related
    Yeah. . pretty insane collection.(still i think a few of the guys here could match/overshadow it especially with the rarer stuff:**). i'm glad he got offered o.k. money for them. (10k) and i'm glad he rejected it...
    I think if he took them into the guys on hardcore pawn i don't think he would've been offered a fraction of that amount.

**Just to be sure. I'm not talking about myself i'm talking about guys with Artfires, extra rare Japanese releases and pre tf's, etc, etc, Brazilian/Argentinian releases, etc, etc, variants, etc, etc, and so on and so forth, etc. not to mention the guys with the insane amounts of newer lines.
    Last edited by Slag; 9th April 2012 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Yeah. . pretty insane collection.(still i think a few of the guys here could match/overshadow it especially with the rarer stuff:rolleyes. i'm glad he got offered o.k. money for them. (10k) and i'm glad he rejected it...
    I think if he took them into the guys on hardcore pawn i don't think he would've been offered a fraction of that amount.
    there was an easy 20 there if all broken up, just in headmasters he would nearly hit 10
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

there was an easy 20 there if all broken up, just in headmasters he would nearly hit 10
    I know.. but you can imagine taking your collection down to cash converters and seeing what they offer us. i'm not sure they would give us 50% of the value.. hell thinking about it i think i'd be lucky to get 50 bucks for a scorpy.
    (might actually do that one day just to see) Don't get me wrong I know it's worth 20.. but these pawn guys kind of bank on people being in a bad situation (IMO) where they need cash instantly and cant wait 10 days for an ebay auction to go off. So they offer a minimal amount.

If a lot like that ever comes up for sale i'll go you halves

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    I know.. but you can imagine taking your collection down to cash converters and seeing what they offer us. i'm not sure they would give us 50% of the value.. hell thinking about it i think i'd be lucky to get 50 bucks for a scorpy.
    (might actually do that one day just to see) Don't get me wrong I know it's worth 20.. but these pawn guys kind of bank on people being in a bad situation (IMO) where they need cash instantly and cant wait 10 days for an ebay auction to go off. So they offer a minimal amount.

If a lot like that ever comes up for sale i'll go you halves
    yeah man i know they do that as pawn store owners.
    We should contact the guy and buy it! i'll get a loan lol, we can share the wealth with the boards
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

yeah man i know they do that as pawn store owners.
    We should contact the guy and buy it! i'll get a loan lol, we can share the wealth with the boards
    yeah man! if your happy to do the leg work i'm in

here is the ultimate army builder, be in awe :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEdrs...eature=related
    It musta screened on foxtel recently because I had two different people at work come up to me to talk about it. (my hobby is well known at work)
    I remember when it was first mentioned on the American fansites last year, and agreeing that the offer was outrageous.... because the toyshop owner was severely undervaluing it (probably hoping that they would just sell it to him).
    $5,000???? You could get that much just for the army of Scorponoks he had if they all have their boxes, or even both his Fort Max toys (since one had a beautifully MINT box).
    He mentions 1,000 TFs... that's just $5 average, when even the cheapest ones would be worth more than $5.
    I think his collection would be worth well over $50,000 if all complete, unbroken, and if most had their packaging looking as good as the ones we saw. Sold individually on ebay for auction, and quoting the show for reliability, he could get close to $100,000.

Let's see, minimum amounts on the big ticket items, based on some completed sales on ebay...
    2 Fort Max, with box for one or both - $4000
    5 Scorponok - $2500
    6 Trypticon - $2500
    3 Omega Supreme - $1000
    3 Metroplex - $500
    3 Predaking - $1000
    4 Menasor - $800
    4 Sixshot - $500
    4 Megatron - $500
    5 PowerMaster Optimus - $600
    9 Gen1/Gen2 Optimus - $1000
    9 Devastors - $2000
    27 Dinobots - $1000

That's almost $20,000 just for the 80 bigger items, with another 900 to go... and a lot of those can fetch $50-100 each if in complete, mint condition (especially harder to find items that have not been reissued).
    Definitely worth the labour breaking it up and selling, if they knew what they were doing.

The owner looks familiar, so maybe he's been to one or more BotCons over the years... which you'd expect from an American with such dedication to the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It musta screened on foxtel recently because I had two different people at work come up to me to talk about it. (my hobby is well known at work)
    I remember when it was first mentioned on the American fansites last year, and agreeing that the offer was outrageous.... because the toyshop owner was severely undervaluing it (probably hoping that they would just sell it to him).
    $5,000???? You could get that much just for the army of Scorponoks he had if they all have their boxes, or even both his Fort Max toys (since one had a beautifully MINT box).
    He mentions 1,000 TFs... that's just $5 average, when even the cheapest ones would be worth more than $5.
    I think his collection would be worth well over $50,000 if all complete, unbroken, and if most had their packaging looking as good as the ones we saw. Sold individually on ebay for auction, and quoting the show for reliability, he could get close to $100,000.

Let's see, minimum amounts on the big ticket items, based on some completed sales on ebay...
    5 Scorponok - $2500
    6 Trypticon - $2500
    3 Omega Supreme - $1000
    3 Metroplex - $500
    3 Predaking - $1000
    4 Menasor - $800
    4 Sixshot - $500
    4 Megatron - $500
    9 Devastors - $2000
    27 Dinobots - $1000

That's almost $20,000 just for the 80 bigger items, with another 900 to go... and a lot of those can fetch $50-100 each if in complete, mint condition (especially harder to find items that have not been reissued).
    Definitely worth the labour breaking it up and selling, if they knew what they were doing.

The owner looks familiar, so maybe he's been to one or more BotCons over the years... which you'd expect from an American with such dedication to the hobby.
    That would be my thoughts, if you split them up and did some leg work there is a lot more than 20k to be made there
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

5 Scorponok - $2500
    6 Trypticon - $2500
    3 Omega Supreme - $1000
    3 Metroplex - $500
    3 Predaking - $1000
    4 Menasor - $800
    4 Sixshot - $500
    4 Megatron - $500
    9 Devastors - $2000
    27 Dinobots - $1000

Are we talking all boxed examples?
    after finally buying scorponok boxed for just under $400, i found a loose one, days later with fastrack and fastrack guns for $150.
    Original megatron seems to sell between 2 and 4hundred+ a piece .
    my best metroplex with 2 minibots was 26 pounds??
    guess it just depends on who's bidding at the time and their budget
    i've over and under paid plenty of times

Can't have baby and transformers in the same room. pfffft what the hell is William talking about.
    Maybe sell 2 or 3 of em ,but that's it

The values I listed were just taken from the completed successful sales on ebay from the last couple weeks... so yeah, final bids can fluctuate depending on how many people manage to see it and compete for it.