Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metals Dinobot question??

Default Metals Dinobot question??

I am keen to finish off my Metals collection and am missing about 3 members. One of those members is Dinobot TM2.
    After doing some research i have found that it is rare to find him for under $150 bucks as seen in this auction.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transform...item519e0937eb

Is there any reason why this figure is almost as much as X-9 Ravage?? The same goes for TM2 Blackarachnia.

It would just comes down to old-fashioned popularity, wouldn't it?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    It would just comes down to old-fashioned popularity, wouldn't it?
    That being said, then why doesn't the Hasbro TM2 Dinobot fetch that price?

Good point.

Maybe it's just another one of those TF mysteries. Like 'Why do people like Shattered Glass' or 'Why didn't they give me a Henkei Rhinox'.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I guess people like the exotic Japanese packaging (which is admittedly nicer looking than Hasbro's IMO) and the lenticular tech specs car (which is kinda moot if you can't read Japanese ) ... but the toy itself looks the same to Hasbro's version to me, so IMO just get the cheapest version you can find - Hasbro, Takara, Sonokong... wateva.

I believe it comes down to the fact that it is just far & away easier to find and acquire a Hasbro version than the Takara, there might also be a perception that Takara's will have a superior build quality (Taking into account TM Megatron).

one is white and one is cream?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    one is white and one is cream?
    Yeah, Hasbro's version had that as a running change - I'm not sure about the Japanese version though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I believe it comes down to the fact that it is just far & away easier to find and acquire a Hasbro version than the Takara, there might also be a perception that Takara's will have a superior build quality (Taking into account TM Megatron).
    TM Megatron was the exception rather than the rule. For the most part, Hasbro Transmetals are good quality. But one difference is that Takara's Beast Wars toys often have more show-like colours, since they released their toys after the show was created (whereas Hasbro's toys came out first). Having said that...

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Yeah, Hasbro's version had that as a running change - I'm not sure about the Japanese version though.
    Looking at the photo in post #1 Metals 2 Dinobot looks the same as Transmetal 2 Dinobot - the same creamy colour. So neither looks more show-like than the other. The cartoon model replaces the cream with white, which looks more similar to the rare white variant -- so I might understand that toy commanding a high price on the aftermarket. But Takara's TM2 Dinobot looks the same as Hasbro's, so the price hike seems unwarranted to me (unless someone desperately wants to have that box or lenticular tech specs card that they can read in Japanese)

It just seems like ALL the Transmetals 2 in the Metals line command high prices. Even the god awful abomination TM2 Cheetor!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORM...ht_1750wt_1396