Page 249 of 467 FirstFirst ... 229239244245246247248249250251252253254259269 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Reflector View Post
    Anyone here play World Of Warcraft?

The new Warlords Of Draenor cinematic was released this morning and one things for sure, those guys know how to make an epic game trailer, my god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfaOfP5g8GY

I dont know how to imbed a video here, if you even can.
    That was awesome!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Picked this 001 Wii up today from a local buy/sell/swap page for $40. When i got there he had a PS2 with 26 games so i got that too, wont have a pic of that until monday arvo.

Very nice Hursty! I still have my original Doom 2, it's a pre 95 one. Are they particularly rare or something?
    Well, they certainly seem few in number compared to the later Post-Win95 versions anyway.

I was just blown away to find a copy in as good a condition as this is, in an Op-Shop, for a $1, and with only a single extremely minor scratch on the Discs surface.

I still have my original copy too, was the 1st game we bought when we got our Pentium 100! , but its Disc & Case have seen better days and the Big Box packaging is LONG gone...

That now resides in an older UK diskette-based version I bought a couple of years ago, which came with the Box (In superb condition), the manual AND strategy guide!

This one will serve as a back-up, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Thanks guys and Hursty, thats some fine loot! I used to have those games...maybe I still do in a box somewhere
    Cheers dude! - I LOVED the old-school original version of Carmen Sandiego but I remember that back in Primary School, the Apple Macs used to have a 256 Colour version (Could've been 16Bit VGA but it's a long time ago & I don't know fruity PCs of the period that well! ) and it used to get played to death!

My hope is that this is the PC version of that later, greater coloured version - Coz the actual original is a pain to get to run without Dos-Box!

Here's my Doom 2

*snip*
    Hell Yeah Man!!! - That's my Jam!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    was the 1st game we bought when we got our Pentium 100! , but its Disc & Case have seen better days and the Big Box packaging is LONG gone...
    My PC at the time was my first also, a hulking 386! It couldnt run Doom in full screen mode, so i had to minimise it so the playing screen was tiny. Also i had no sound at all... it was not a good time for PC gaming for me and i couldnt see why anyone would want one over a console, little did i know haha

My big box for Doom is gone too but i still have my Full Throttle box, but the cd is gone lol. Ill post a pic of that bad boy too, that game seems like its a bit of a cult classic now, it was awesome though so its not surprising.

Anyone here play World Of Warcraft?
    I still play a bit on and off. Mainly just playing around with the auction house these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    I still play a bit on and off. Mainly just playing around with the auction house these days.
    I just came back after a long break. learning how to play again ><

Shadow Priest is still the bomb though lol

My PC at the time was my first also, a hulking 386! It couldnt run Doom in full screen mode, so i had to minimise it so the playing screen was tiny. Also i had no sound at all... it was not a good time for PC gaming for me and i couldnt see why anyone would want one over a console, little did i know haha
    Ditto!

We went through the EXACT same set of circumstances dude, except we never even considered shrinking the screen (It was too small on a 13" CRT! ) and we did have Midi-support miraculously so we had music but no sound!

We also only had the Shareware version of the 1st Episode: "Knee Deep In The Dead" - Man I cannot tell you how utterly psyched my Brothers & I were when we arrived at the final level (Phobos Anomaly); Survived those corridors of Pinkies & Barrels, only to get outside onto that giant platform in the shape of a Pentagram with a pair of pillars, whose doors slid down to reveal a pair of Barons of Hell!

This was all at a staggering 10-15FPS I might add!

So I imagine when you finally got a 16-Bit Soundblaster Card (Or akin ) and were able to play a Doom game with sound as well as music along with a proper framerate & screen size, like us, it would've felt like a fairly monumental moment too!

My big box for Doom is gone too but i still have my Full Throttle box, but the cd is gone lol. Ill post a pic of that bad boy too, that game seems like its a bit of a cult classic now, it was awesome though so its not surprising.
    Yeah I bought a British version of Doom 1 which included the "Ultimate Doom" bonus episode: "Thy Flesh Consumed", I was more after the exclusive boxart though :
    (It was based on an English Exclusive promotional poster of which you can also see a reproduction print of at the top of the pic )

Full Throttle is a game that I've never actually played but I remember seeing a whole lot back in the day and I do believe it's considered one of the all time best and classics of the LucasArts Adventure games - So hang onto that box dude, hell, with Dosbox you should consider giving it another burl!

That's it. Hursty, looking at that shelf has convinced me to bust out Jedi Outcast and put ol' Kyle Katarn through his paces

I love that game. I might even back it up with Jedi Academy
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Ditto!

We went through the EXACT same set of circumstances dude, except we never even considered shrinking the screen (It was too small on a 13" CRT! ) and we did have Midi-support miraculously so we had music but no sound!
    Me three. I played Doom and Doom 2 with no soundcard, but at least I had fullscreen. The game was still great to play regardless of sound. Wasn't until I got the PSOne release of Doom that I played the game with sound.

(My PSOne Doom is one of my small collection of PSone games I hung on to)

I played Wolfensten 3D with no soundcard, just PC speaker beeps. However by Doom I already had a Soundblaster 2.0 and Wolfensten became a whole new experience with the shouting Nazis.