Page 3 of 307 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Ah, so they will have an actual Robotech line then. I think I might wait for those instead then. Do you know if they'll be cheaper than the Origin ones I linked?

This is the only thing I hate about these toys. The lines confuse me too much.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

anyone seen these arround?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Valkyrie...d=p3286.c0.m14

do they even transform??

These look like the 1/144 Valks by Doyusha. They don't transform, they are mini display pieces.

Reviews of Macross toys here http://www.anymoon.com

and Macross Forums here http://www.macrossworld.com

Check 'em before you buy ANY Valk.

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    anyone seen these arround?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Valkyrie...d=p3286.c0.m14

do they even transform??

Usually that size are model kits. No, they don't usually transform, some can though, ask the seller.
    Code:
    O o 
      _

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Ah, so they will have an actual Robotech line then. I think I might wait for those instead then. Do you know if they'll be cheaper than the Origin ones I linked?
    Well, firstly I should say that this Robotech line has only just been announced (not confirmed - it looks like it's going ahead - but I don't know when). So, not many details have been released. I should also point out that "apparently" they are re-sculpting the heads on these things to make them more anime accurate. So, while it means we'd be getting new moulds, it also means that the old heads won't be used. So if you prefer the original VF-1S, VF-1J, or VF-1A heads on the Chunky Monkeys, then you may be disappointed. Having said that, the new moulds look pretty damn sweet - they're just not the original heads (at least, that's what's been announced).

I wouldn't wait for this line to come out. I'd say grab the Macross Origin figures (which you linked to) regardless. They're excellent figures. I'm actually hoping they can come to some agreement to get a G1 Jetfire reissue too! Seems like Bandai are relaxing their stance a lot!

This is the only thing I hate about these toys. The lines confuse me too much.
    So true! There's Macross, then there's DYRL, then Robotech. All different!

Hey, i'm looking at the upcoming VF-1A and VF-1J, both with Hikaru Ichijo i think (can someone confirm?).

What's the reasoning behind the different colour schemes? Is it just because of the A/J designation, or is the J done in a more anime accurate colours? I'm just wondering cause i heard people calling it a "TV" version?

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Well, firstly I should say that this Robotech line has only just been announced (not confirmed - it looks like it's going ahead - but I don't know when). So, not many details have been released. I should also point out that "apparently" they are re-sculpting the heads on these things to make them more anime accurate. So, while it means we'd be getting new moulds, it also means that the old heads won't be used. So if you prefer the original VF-1S, VF-1J, or VF-1A heads on the Chunky Monkeys, then you may be disappointed. Having said that, the new moulds look pretty damn sweet - they're just not the original heads (at least, that's what's been announced).

I wouldn't wait for this line to come out. I'd say grab the Macross Origin figures (which you linked to) regardless. They're excellent figures. I'm actually hoping they can come to some agreement to get a G1 Jetfire reissue too! Seems like Bandai are relaxing their stance a lot!

So true! There's Macross, then there's DYRL, then Robotech. All different!
    So Bandai are going to use new moulds on the upcoming robotech line, and not the g1 jetfire mould?

And yea, I'm still waiting for an Encore jetfire.
    Code:
    O o 
      _

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Hey, i'm looking at the upcoming VF-1A and VF-1J, both with Hikaru Ichijo i think (can someone confirm?).

What's the reasoning behind the different colour schemes? Is it just because of the A/J designation, or is the J done in a more anime accurate colours? I'm just wondering cause i heard people calling it a "TV" version?
    Yes, they are both Hikaru's Valkyrie. In "Macross: Do You Remember Love?" h starts off with the 1A and then uses a 1S at the end - both with a red highlight. In the TV series "Super Dimentional Fortress: Macross" he starts off with the 1J with the red stripe across the head.

The VF-1J with the red stripe is seen very briefly in Armor in DYRL? Blink and you miss it tho:

And yea, I'm still waiting for an Encore jetfire.
    As much as I would like to see it too, it's unlikley. Bandai own the rights to the Valkyrie mold and would have to make it available to a primary rival, Tomy. It may also require the consent of Kawamori, but seeing as apparently he has alot of misgivings about Robotech and still has a relationship with Tomy... maybe it is a possibility.
    Last edited by Tober; 26th August 2008 at 09:45 PM.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post

What Tober said, one is TV version one is Movie. One is Vermillion Squadron the other Skull Squadron, get the version you like best, ther'e both accurate to the media they are based on.

Thanks guys. I was just curious really.. there's no doubt in my mind that i prefer the VF-1A's colors!