Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue One

Well...actually Lando told the fighters to split up in order to try get some of the pursuing Tie Fighters off his back

I certainly agree that the Rebels would've gained more support following the Battle of Yavin. But we didn't see Rebel capital ships in ANH simply because of where it was set. The only planets/moons we saw were Tatooine and Yavin 4. And I reckon the Rebels would've ordered any capital ships out of Yavin 4's orbit once they knew the Death Star was approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Yah what? I think is still silly weakness imo. Especially big enough for a falcon to fly in. Of course my opinion.

Come to rethink it, the chances of you hitting a bullseye is a lot harder than the second Death Star. Luke had the force to get the shot, not many pilots can ace it. Second Death Star is basically get the shield down and is just a matter of getting pilots in. No Jedi skills required as shown.
    The shield is the main point here, that's what the Empire relied upon pre completion to protect Death Star II.
    Yes it took a force wielder to make that glorious shot on the one weakness that was implanted by the designer of the original Death Star but isn't that now the point since R1?

As a modern canon SW guy and having dropped the previous EU "canon" TFA is a bit of a shemozzle and is realistically a reboot of Star Wars without being a reboot. R1 delivered on a lot of levels, it didn't try to create it's own Methos or pre-retcon stuff for ep 7 and beyond. It's a very solid story and imho is the best introduction to Star Wars for a non Star Wars fan.
    If you look at the film on it's own; it's a good space action drama with characters who's plight moves you and as a stand alone it would open up a tonne of questions. That to me is why it would be perfect as "Star Wars 1"
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

In terms of difficulty I think a new hope was rather more difficult especially when you have a freaking ace pilot darth Vader on your arse. What was it? 2m shaft?
    Is a one of a shot.

Not saying rotj was easy, just saying it was a bit simpler.

Anyway the movie was fine, as some people comment some actors were not even necessary in it. In any case, is still better than episodes 1-3 anyday

Liked it.

The standard Deathtroopers were spot on with their aim against the rebels on the beach - sharpshooting them even when they were hidden behind crates. However the two senior-level Deathtroopers with pauldrons who were with Krennic were killed too easily by Cassian and Jyn when those two were awkwardly hanging by one arm each?

I would have liked to see the Deathtroopers use more creative methods of earning their namesake.

Perhaps a hand-to-hand or melee showdown scene with Chirrut & Baze. TFA has already shown us a glimpse of how good Stormtrooper melee battles can be. Extra movie-points for Donnie Yen smashing the Deathtroopers' helmets/armour to reveal a grotesque Frankenstein patchwork of cyborg implants that are keeping them alive. But, oh well, this is a Disney movie

This might tie in nicely with the question of why there aren't anymore Deathtroopers after Krennic's demise - if they were simply an elite commando squad, surely given time the Imperials could have trained more (by say the Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    The standard Deathtroopers were spot on with their aim against the rebels on the beach - sharpshooting them even when they were hidden behind crates. However the two senior-level Deathtroopers with pauldrons who were with Krennic were killed too easily by Cassian and Jyn when those two were awkwardly hanging by one arm each?

I would have liked to see the Deathtroopers use more creative methods of earning their namesake.

Perhaps a hand-to-hand or melee showdown scene with Chirrut & Baze. TFA has already shown us a glimpse of how good Stormtrooper melee battles can be. Extra movie-points for Donnie Yen smashing the Deathtroopers' helmets/armour to reveal a grotesque Frankenstein patchwork of cyborg implants that are keeping them alive. But, oh well, this is a Disney movie

This might tie in nicely with the question of why there aren't anymore Deathtroopers after Krennic's demise - if they were simply an elite commando squad, surely given time the Imperials could have trained more (by say the Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi).
    As I understand it canonically they were the personal military guards of the officials on the Death Star I project, so they were likely rolled into other parts of the Stormtrooper corps after R1.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I've yet to find a cool piece of Rogue One merchandise to buy. My collecting has restricted to Transformers Masterpiece only, but I allowed myself a Artfx+ Kylo Ren and FO Stormtrooper after Force Awakens. I'd like a cool, high quality piece for Rogue One but am yet to find something I like.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    As I understand it canonically they were the personal military guards of the officials on the Death Star I project, so they were likely rolled into other parts of the Stormtrooper corps after R1.
    That makes sense. Would be good to see further screen time for that armour though!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I've yet to find a cool piece of Rogue One merchandise to buy. My collecting has restricted to Transformers Masterpiece only, but I allowed myself a Artfx+ Kylo Ren and FO Stormtrooper after Force Awakens. I'd like a cool, high quality piece for Rogue One but am yet to find something I like.
    Is there not a Black Series Death Trooper Helmet?

I need that at some point (and the Black Series OT Stormtrooper) for my shelf.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Watched it on Sunday. Really enjoyed it though I did like The Force Awakens more. Will watch it again over the Christmas break and will take my son this time since there were no gory deaths or other bad scenes.

Really liked the CGI on Tarkin, thought it was much more realistic than Leia. I think his age lent it to look more authentic.

The final scenes were great, really cool how they tied it into A New Hope.