Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comics Reviews: Lost Light

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Whirl was acting in Cyclonus' best interests though, also I don't believe that we've seen the last of Tailgate
    I owe myself a coke

There's some big spoilers for this week's issue (and previews for the remaining issues will probably give it away too) but it's only been out 24 hours so I won't mention them, but I loved this issue.

I'm happy to see Jack Lawrence back on art (Scorponok has his proper hands back!) and the colouring, although still Joana Lafuente, felt back in MTMTE/LL style. On the last point maybe it's just because a certain character is in their classic look.

It has raised my hopes for the final four issues that the book will go out strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There's some big spoilers for this week's issue (and previews for the remaining issues will probably give it away too) but it's only been out 24 hours so I won't mention them, but I loved this issue.

I'm happy to see Jack Lawrence back on art (Scorponok has his proper hands back!) and the colouring, although still Joana Lafuente, felt back in MTMTE/LL style. On the last point maybe it's just because a certain character is in their classic look.

It has raised my hopes for the final four issues that the book will go out strong.
    Could not agree more with all of this. It is like reading the original MtMtE again. I expected the last page reveal, but not with these circumstances, a character who was terminated was anti climatic just like Star Sabre and i hope we get some more information about the architect, it seems like a biiiiig stretch for that to be who it is.

Also you would've thought the Lost Lighters would have bee more cautious around Sundar, what with their history.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Surprise release of the latest issue via the IDW website today. Might get pulled down though? Anyway I bought and read it and yeah try to avoid spoilers if you can if you're waiting for the local comic shop or comixology to release it.

Haven’t found the early release but now I am even more intrigued!

IDW pulled it after maybe 12 hours of it being available for sale from their website. Same with the latest issue of Optimus Prime.

Be on the look out as some people will probably still be posting spoilers about the issue on social media and other forums before next week. I don't even think the usual ibooks/full preview pages have come out yet for the issue.

IDW pulled it after maybe 12 hours of it being available for sale from their website. Same with the latest issue of Optimus Prime.

Be on the look out as some people will probably still be posting spoilers about the issue on social media and other forums before next week. I don't even think the usual ibooks/full preview pages have come out yet for the issue.
    No fear for spoilers unless I go looking, I have no social media!

Wonder who messed up the dates this time, but good to know they shouldn’t be delayed again.

Surprise release of the latest issue via the IDW website today. Might get pulled down though? Anyway I bought and read it and yeah try to avoid spoilers if you can if you're waiting for the local comic shop or comixology to release it.
    Oh that son of a b****! That last page reveal is just too much. I love it.

Don't know where this going, I know this cannot be the actual end intended for MtMtE/Lost Light, but it is an awesome ending to the series, especially after how little I cared for all the functionist stuff right at the beginning.

Also really enjoyed Megatron taking on a Ratchet role and what his fusion cannon turns into.

I wonder if the five bots the Magnificence keeps asking for are the new god bodies?

The last pages have been killer on this book of late. The last page of #17 (Nautica opening the locked door) made me laugh out loud on the train with delight and surprise. The last page of #21 (who's ringing) made me really happy. And this issue's last page plus the other elements of the reveal mean we have to reconsider all of MTMTE and LL which is amazing.

The misdirection has been great but I can see it could be infuriating to some. I love how the last issue set up a threat that was clearly hinting at Unicron only to show that the monster at the end of the book was an old friend who could easily be that monster and then this issue double downs and no that's not the monster and it's not Unicron either but his complete opposite - sort of. That was one of the things that I hadn't seen in a preview (still not sure if previews went out for #22 to keep that hidden).

I've just written some very spoilery things about Lost Light #22

https://stlplaybox.tumblr.com/post/1...22-reasons-why

Hope you guys enjoy.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection