Thread: 2 more ROTF Game Clips

Default 2 more ROTF Game Clips

found out about these here on [URL="http://www.tfw2005.com"]TFW2005 [/URL

the direct links on Gametrailers are
    optimus-prime-transformers-revenge

is that Thundercracker..?

sideways-transformers-revenge

Liking the looks of vehicle mode game play.

so far, if it dose turn out to be crap "it" will still better that the first one..
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 18th June 2009 at 04:33 PM.

That indeed did look like Thundercracker.

That looks pretty cool. I like the way they have used the Transforming for long jumps and attacks. Looks like I will have to get that Playstation after all...

I thought it was cool in the Optimus one they way Prime was carrying Sam in his hand!! Funny. Reminded me of Hulk Ultimate Destruction, when I was a little bored, I would pick up a soldier/random civilian and go jump around the city listening to their horrified screams of terror. Good times.

It was also good to see, that it looks like you can select Characters.

As the other game clips i have seen so far had "Bumblebee" playing the level "Optimus" was on and Ironhide was fighting "Devastator" instead of "Bumblebee"

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    It was also good to see, that it looks like you can select Characters.
    Yeah I am pretty sure you can. I remember seeing a clip with the Decepticon selection room. There are some levels though which you could only select a flyer e.g. the Con battle against the American fleet. Your choice is limited to Starscream or Grindor on that level. So thats a plus up on the last game.

Honestly though, these clips have me a little crest fallen. I really thought this one was going to exceed its crapy predecessor but the gameplay doesn't look anymore complicated than the first game. Run here, run there, take Sam here, take Sam there kill a few more con's. That Devestator battle looks sinfully simple, you just need to keep behind him as he walks in a giant circle around the map blowing pieces off him.

So really, after all the hype all they have done is removed the really really bad qualities of the first game and left only the slightly annoying qualities.

Having said that though I am a sucker for playing as a 30ft transforming robot so I'll probably play it until that novelty wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by RageOnTheRoads View Post
    Yeah I am pretty sure you can. I remember seeing a clip with the Decepticon selection room. There are some levels though which you could only select a flyer e.g. the Con battle against the American fleet. Your choice is limited to Starscream or Grindor on that level. So thats a plus up on the last game.

Honestly though, these clips have me a little crest fallen. I really thought this one was going to exceed its crapy predecessor but the gameplay doesn't look anymore complicated than the first game. Run here, run there, take Sam here, take Sam there kill a few more con's. That Devestator battle looks sinfully simple, you just need to keep behind him as he walks in a giant circle around the map blowing pieces off him.

So really, after all the hype all they have done is removed the really really bad qualities of the first game and left only the slightly annoying qualities.

Having said that though I am a sucker for playing as a 30ft transforming robot so I'll probably play it until that novelty wears off.

It may have been a crappy predecessor....but, I still got both the X360 and PS3 versions though as there has hardly been any Transformers games.
    "The crappy response was due to, mostly me being unable to go past the Megatron Boss Chapter with out the cheats active..
    That's, until i worked out how to do it "using" the very thing that mostly ticked me off when playing this Chapter and that was the out of the zone timer."

Anyway can't wait to pick up my Pre-order's on the 24th if not earlier .
    "as long, as something doesn't happen to the release date for unknown reasons".