Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Transformers Convention

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I absolutely agree, I was pointing out that they are probably saving a fortune by not paying many royalties. if any
    I could be wrong but doesn't Dairycon make their own figures privately in a similar manner as Saibertron repainted their own keychain Bumblebees?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I could be wrong but doesn't Dairycon make their own figures privately in a similar manner as Saibertron repainted their own keychain Bumblebees?
    I'm pretty sure you're right about that too. Some cons use third party figures too, I think there were several in the last 12 months.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    If anyone is confused, this is not the "HUB" as in the cable tv channel, this is "the Hub" convention group in australia.

I'm not sure if much of what they do is officially sanctioned by the properties they tend to represent.
    Haha, oops, probably would have helped if I mentioned that

I think it could be possible to have a ATC, but for it to profit it'd have to offer something that could appeal to fans at a very basic level and would have to have the approval of Hasbro.

What if instead of having a boring ol' convention, we had an Annual Outback Transformer Destruction Day, where hundreds of fans dress up as their favorite TF and engage in battle in a massive field. Kind of like Larping, but with BOTS AND CONS!!

Then again I'd probably get arrested for trying rip off so many people's faces and shouting 'GIVE ME YOUR FACE!!!'

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    I think it could be possible to have a ATC, but for it to profit it'd have to offer something that could appeal to fans at a very basic level and would have to have the approval of Hasbro.

What if instead of having a boring ol' convention, we had an Annual Outback Transformer Destruction Day, where hundreds of fans dress up as their favorite TF and engage in battle in a massive field. Kind of like Larping, but with BOTS AND CONS!!

Then again I'd probably get arrested for trying rip off so many people's faces and shouting 'GIVE ME YOUR FACE!!!'
    Bayformers the Broadway show?

Instead of an entire convention, how about having a OTCA booth at both of the Oz Comic Con events?

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    Instead of an entire convention, how about having a OTCA booth at both of the Oz Comic Con events?
    Booth have already been tried with limited success. I am sure Gok will post the photos soon..

I can tell you as a convention goer that is tight with some people. There has been a rumor merking around that there may be a tf con in 2013, this is just rumor though. But one of the biggest problems is that tf actors are mainly voice actors and there is no money to be made there in signature, and most people dont go for pictures either.

One guy on the Armageddon and Oz Comic Con has been plugging the contacts for some Beast Wars and G1 voice actors. So far from what I have been paying attention to is that he helped them get Garry Chalk down here for the heroes and villians convention this year. He has been doing a lot of work for Gregg Berger as well plugging his name out there and the details plus trying to get his son's band down here.

If you guys were to get a transformers convention up and running again maybe he is some one worth looking into.

Gok posted some pictures already and the last time anything was tried was 2009. Surely it wouldn't hurt to try again. I've already purchased a ticket to the Adelaide con so I'd be happy to help organize a booth.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy_josh View Post
    I can tell you as a convention goer that is tight with some people. There has been a rumor merking around that there may be a tf con in 2013, this is just rumor though. But one of the biggest problems is that tf actors are mainly voice actors and there is no money to be made there in signature, and most people dont go for pictures either.

One guy on the Armageddon and Oz Comic Con has been plugging the contacts for some Beast Wars and G1 voice actors. So far from what I have been paying attention to is that he helped them get Garry Chalk down here for the heroes and villians convention this year. He has been doing a lot of work for Gregg Berger as well plugging his name out there and the details plus trying to get his son's band down here.

If you guys were to get a transformers convention up and running again maybe he is some one worth looking into.
    I would be much more interested in meeting voice actors than anyone from the movies but that's probably not what the masses would prefer.