Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys broken while in your possession

OUCH, Wince and cringe!!

Well reading it with pictures actually is a bit painful griffin, as for that broken G2 Terradive you have, I think Demonac had incomplete spares he was giving away with his for-sale stuff. I know I've taken a few Windrazor parts from him to replace yellowing and loose parts on mine. Not sure if he still has it or if someone has asked him for it already...

Which reminds me of two(edit) ... a few more I forgot, but Im not putting pics up hahah

Seeing that of griffin's pic...
    The peg on the wing of Cicadacon on mine also snapped a few years back while tried to disassemble them to individual bot modes - much like what you had in the pic - didn't glue it but the little piece is stick inside the weapon assembly it was stuck in.

Also the tab on one of the ramps for Micromaster Missle Carrier snapped when I was disconnecting it from the body of the carrier, it's stuck in there til now. ;P

The sword handle of RM Star Saber Snapped while I was putting it in his hand, grrrr. glued it but I haven't played with it ever since. well a few times but haven't removed the sword from his hand since.

One member of the Skyboom minicon team - the race car minicon's head got lost while playing with it. The tabs holding it aren't big enough IMO to hold it well in place... couldn't find it, grrrr. So far I haven't been able to find a spare minicon that's just him... as they're usually sold in 3, darn...
    Last edited by liegeprime; 15th July 2014 at 01:27 AM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

NOOOOOOO Why did I look at this thread It makes me sad

Now I remember what I have broken as an adult.

G1/G2 Pyro... Snapped in half around the waist.
    G1 Micromaster Full Barrel... Snapped at the waist.
    G2 Slingshot... Snapped his head.
    Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron x 3 snapped the right arm joint. Yes I broke 3 in the exact same way, you think that I would learn. I am on my 4th BW Megatron.

My wife has managed to destroy.
    The war within Optimus Prime statue

As a child
    G1 Optimus Prime... A lot of battle damage.
    G1 Ultra Magnus... Snapped the trailer arm off
    G1 Prowl... Snapped the roof off
    G1 Inferno... Broke the arm off
    G1 Wheeljack... Broke the screw cover that holds his feet together.
    G1 Blurr... Broke the head off

There is a lot more that I can't remember or I have just blocked it out because it was is to painful.

Diaclone Powerdasher Jet (Cromar) MOSC, and his wing / leg snapped off the -first- time I transformed him
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Gah! Just picked up a ROTF Stratosphere recently, straight out of the box I notice one of the joints (2nd knee joint) in one of his legs was so loose that it literally swung like a pendulum. I thought it was probably just a loose screw, so tightened it but it didn't make a difference. Shortly after I noticed that tightening the screw split the plastic around it.

Thankfully it's not too noticeable, just annoying. He still has a pendulum leg but if I stand him relatively straight the knee joint on his other leg is tight enough to hold him vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And my "noooooo" moment - the toy I only had for about two weeks, and paid US$40 for... JP Advanced Dino.
    Some of my toys are posed in fancy poses, but means they fall over too easily... and this was one of them.
    I guess you will glue Mirage back together BUT if it isn't working out, look to the purple windows used for RotF Deadend. If it is close enough you could get the frame of that cheap toy painted red.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

That reminds me, must glue my Alternator Rodimus' door back on. He fell apart straight out of the box

Bought a rare loose ROTF Voyager Megatron at a toy fair, turns out he'd already been in battle (and many so) because about 25% of him was missing even though he looked complete in robot mode (turns out the original had plenty of kibble on the back)

My TFC0 had 1 broken smokestack as I've said in the acquisition stuff awhile back.
    MP-4 developed stress marks on the back cover in bot mode when he fell on the shelf and some scratches/paint damage due to falling as well.

A friend of my brother broke G1 Devastator and my folks threw all of his bits away.

Fingers of MP Soundwave and some fins from MP Acid Storm became loose and falling off quite easily so I had them replaced and now MISB instead

Just off the top of my head...

G1 Inferno and Hot Spot had snapped ladders. Inferno also had a tab which holds his arm to the base of the ladder in vehicle mode snapped off.
    G1 Prowl had taken a lot of punishment: broken roof/front windscreen, broken rear windscreen/shins, right arm snapped off at the shoulder. I possibly snapped the waist swivel, too - can't really remember.
    G1 Silverbolt - broken hip hinge.
    G2 Slag - gun handle snapped off.
    G1 Optimus - rifle snapped in two, broken smokestack, leg snapped off, broken trailer door hinge, trailer drone support arm snapped off at the hinge.

Argh! So this happened the other day.
    Broken peg off Skywarp's wing.
    I quite like combiners. And I quite like Beast Wars. So its fair to say that I'm quite fond of my Beast Wars combiners. Poor Magnaboss' arm section can't be formed properly.
    Starting the hunt for a junker Skywarp/Silverbolt to fix this...

TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.