Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Transformer school bags

TRU sold a G1 backpack a few years ago but IIRC someone here spotted one earlier this year so there may be some old stock. There's also the 'cheapy' stores that you see in some shopping centres... you know, the ones that sell the same KO stuff as the markets. Not sure of the quality though.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    TRU sold a G1 backpack a few years ago but IIRC someone here spotted one earlier this year so there may be some old stock.
    Yep, back in 2010.

It's probably a little dark in colouring for a really young kid though, as the licensed backpacks are usually more brightly coloured, particularly the ones in showbags.

As for the quality, this thing is REALLY durable for a "cheap" licensed kids backpack. I've taken it to every BotCon since then (2011 onwards), and sometimes to work, and it still looks brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by FansMummy View Post
    Hello,

I am a new member. My son is 5 and absolutely loves anything to do with transformers. He is starting school next year and I would like to get him some transformer stuff like a bag, lunchbox and drink bottle.

I'm just wondering if there is a shop that sells these other than Ebay (which i will look at if I can't find anywhere else)

TIA
    I still have a couple of these backpacks sitting in my box of board prizes, so if you think your son will like it and you want one, send me a message and just pay for postage.

I have the same backpack and it ended up breaking on me. I used it every day though, not intermittently. And a schoolbag is something that would be in daily use, and for a child it would have to endure a lot of rough handling. I wouldn't rate its chances as a child's bag.