For the last year or two, I’ve run a number of invite only TF customising classes at my home, with varying numbers of people and varying lengths of time. Each has been different in terms of structure but each one increasing in scope and reach. Participants have completed various projects such as the Titan Energy Shields that I designed (seen here), amongst other things. I have several different ideas on the next iteration of these classes, and I’d appreciate some feedback from members here on what you think might work.

My goal is to pass on what I know, but not for nothing - it’s cost me significant time and effort and, frankly, money, to get to where I am, and I’d like to get some return for my efforts. Like the Joker says, “if you’re good at something, never do it for free” . I’ve been in the privileged position that through customising toys, my collecting hobby has paid for itself for the last 2 years. I’d like that to continue.

What I’d like you to do, dear Ozformers, is to look at the following options and vote on which you would be MOST LIKELY to consider participating in. If there is an option you think would be better than what I’m suggesting, then pick Option 4 and then write in the comments what that option might look like. Also feel free to fill in the last option if this sort of thing holds no interest for you whatsoever (which I suspect will be the most common response - but if you are picking this option based on your current level of skill rather than interest, I would suggest to you that if I can do it, anyone can, with enough effort put in).

Option 1: More small scale classes (1-4 participants) at a Melbourne-based venue.
Pros: More one-on-one attention. Participants get to achieve something, actually finish projects that they take home with them.
Cons: Cost for participants is higher. Venues that suit the purpose are limited in availability, and potential participants would have to be in Melbourne (ruling out most interstaters) and must be free on whatever day it runs.

Option 2: An online class. Password-protected videos available online for participants. Kits to complete projects can be mailed out to participants as an add-on. Online support/advice available.
Pros: Cheaper. No limit on number of participants. People can complete projects in their own time. Available to everyone, regardless of location. People could potentially just purchase access to videos for curiousity factor, even if they don’t want to actually do the projects themselves.
Cons: Some projects may require an airbrush, or be difficult to achieve by just painting with readily-available consumables such as brushes. Some extra purchases would be necessary (like paints) to save those things being posted.

Option 3: Do both option 1 & option 2. Let the punters choose.

Option 4: Something else entirely. Make your suggestions in the comments.

Option 5: No interest in this whatsoever.

Please vote, and sound off in the comments!