Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should there be or will there be a red chest POTP Swoop?

Galvatran Guest

Default Should there be or will there be a red chest POTP Swoop?

Does anyone know if PotP Dinobot Swoop will be released in a red version?

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Does anyone know if PotP Dinobot Swoop will be released in a red version?
    From all reports so far it won't. TakTom PotP's are going to be exactly the same from Hasbro. So unless there is a special edition down the track or an exclusive, it's not likely to happen.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

If they re-released POTP Swoop with a red chest, should they still call it Swoop or something else?

I'm partial towards them naming it "Divebomb," but with the bio explaining that this is Swoop before he was defeated in battle by a Predacon who then stole his name, forcing Divebomb to later rename himself "Swoop."

The package art has him in red, so the design to go cartoon colours must have come pretty late in the design phase

I will be super surprised if Hasbro passes up the opportunity for a simple repaint like that.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Good idea for a potential SDCC Dinobot set. Or even a HTS exclusive
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

If I was going to be cyncial and tongue in cheek, I'd say this is a bad sign that Hasbro are going to compromise their toys to make them more appealing to the Japanese market.

(But also I'm actually annoyed that this toy has a blue chest instead of red)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    If I was going to be cyncial and tongue in cheek, I'd say this is a bad sign that Hasbro are going to compromise their toys to make them more appealing to the Japanese market.

(But also I'm actually annoyed that this toy has a blue chest instead of red)
    Oh don't remind me how much I hate the PP line being identical to the POTP line.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Oh don't remind me how much I hate the PP line being identical to the POTP line.
    Do you also hate how Takara G1 was mostly identical to Hasbro's?
    (e.g. Powerglide, Warpath, Convoy, the Dinobots, the Insecticons, Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Ramjet, Dirge, Thrust, Skids, Ironhide, Ratchet, Smokescreen, Prowl, Streak, Grapple, Inferno, Trailbreaker, Hoist, Alert, Lambor, Sunstreaker, Ligier, Gong, Drag, Outback, Hubcap, Adams, Seaspray, Wheelie, Char, Hot Rodimus, Blurr, Cyclonus, Scourge, Wreck Gar, Ultra Magnus, Onslaught, Drag Stripe, Brawl, Razorclaw, Soundwave, Broadcast, Bumble, Meister, Galvatron, Chromedome, Blanker, Highbrow, Mega Zarak, Hardhead, Sureshot, Crosshairs, Triggerhappy, Slugslinger, Misfire, Wipe, Weirdwolf, Skull etc.)

Do you also hate how a lot of Takara G1 toys that were different characters from their Hasbro counterparts were identical to said Hasbro toys?
    (e.g. Lander, Phoenix, Road King, Lightfoot, Turtler, Gulf, Kraken, Lobclaw, Sizzle, Boater, Fire, Holy, Peepoh, Blood, Gilmer, Dauros etc.)

Do you also hate how almost every Takara G2 toy is identical to Hasbro's?
    (e.g. Megatron, Starscream, Battle Convoy, Hooligan, Aero Raid, Jetfire, Skyjack, Space Case, Strafe, Road Big, Road Rocket, Autovolt, Effectro, Firebot, Hot Row, Convoy, Dreadwing, Smokescreen etc.)

Do you also hate how most Takara Beast Wars toys are identical to Hasbro's?
    (e.g. Convoy, Megatron, Rattle, Terrorsaurer, Waspeetar, Cheetus, Scorpos, White Claw, Armour, Snapper, Howlinger, Buzz Saw, Air Razar, Inferno, Cybershark, Convobat, Megalligator, Tarans, Kuwagaigar, Dinobot, etc.)

Do you also hate how some TF Prime toys were identical to their Hasbro counterparts?
    (e.g. FE Arcee, Starscream etc.)

I need to start hating my G1 Takara Sling (Slingshot) and Groove more, as they are identical to their Hasbro counterparts! *shakes fist* *yells at cloud*

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If they re-released POTP Swoop with a red chest, should they still call it Swoop or something else?

I'm partial towards them naming it "Divebomb," but with the bio explaining that this is Swoop before he was defeated in battle by a Predacon who then stole his name, forcing Divebomb to later rename himself "Swoop."
    Divebomb is a good option but instead of saying that he's who Swoop used to be I'd just say he's this Divebomb from TFPrime: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Divebomb_(Prime)