Page 798 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 778788793794795796797798799800801802803808818 ... LastLast
Results 7,971 to 7,980 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Question for our resident Japanese readers. This is the box for Legends Rattrap and clearly names the character as Rattrap not Rattle in English. Does it refer to him as Rattle or Rattrap in the Japanese text?

I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

It says Rattle, at least in the big text!

Ah, so they haven't completely abandoned Japanese continuity names yet.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

From what I've read, English names are western versions, Japanese are the Japanese names.

The katakana there clearly says Rattoru, the closest thing they have to saying Rattle. I think all of their Legends line are like that.

Yup. Also, the English "Transformers" logo is in a G1 style font, whereas the Japanese "Transformers Legends" font is using the Japanese Beast Wars font.

Does anyone know where I can find a translation of the manga in Generations 2014 Volume 1 - Shouki s manga? I just got my Shouki toy and book, and would like to understand why he has an autobot logo in train mode but a Decepticon logo in shuttle form. Similarly for the Masterpiece Controverse story at the end of the book.

I tried the Google translate app, but it doesn't support Japanese
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a translation of the manga in Generations 2014 Volume 1 - Shouki s manga? I just got my Shouki toy and book, and would like to understand why he has an autobot logo in train mode but a Decepticon logo in shuttle form. Similarly for the Masterpiece Controverse story at the end of the book.

I tried the Google translate app, but it doesn't support Japanese
    I've not seen a full translation, but I can answer your main question. Shouki has a Decepticon symbol in shuttle mode because he (an Autobot Trainbot) and Daniel are in disguise as the Decepticon Skystalker and his shuttle (well the Japanese version called Thunder Arrow technically).

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone ever get a Transformer that smells bad? My Legends Whirl I got on Wednesday smells terrible, its some sort of plastic, chemical or paint smell. Really strange. I hope that like a new car smell it will fade, but I'm thinking of emailing BBTS to let them know incase I have to return it.
    One member of another forum (I think he's posted here too under the name Burn) had the same issue with his Whirl, not sure if it was the Legends or Hasbro version though

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I've not seen a full translation, but I can answer your main question. Shouki has a Decepticon symbol in shuttle mode because he (an Autobot Trainbot) and Daniel are in disguise as the Decepticon Skystalker and his shuttle (well the Japanese version called Thunder Arrow technically).
    Ahh, that makes so much sense now Paulbot. I had a vague feeling of recognition looking at the toy, but couldn't place it. Never thought to compare it with Micromaster Skystalker. It actually makes sense now
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

There were discussions about Shouki's dual homages in the News topic. Not sure about a translation of the story yet, but someone at Allspark or SydneyY on TFW are the likely ones to do it.