Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hasbro Teases New Optimus Prime for SDCC2018

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

While the robot modes look nice especially since the sideswipe gives me vibes of the mp version I might be better off sticking just to the target masters which look just like the ones the LG figures had, being stand alone I'm happy with them alone.

Now, about those leader class figures...when do we see those

i actually don't mind the battle damage. but the alt-modes don't seem to be very different to Earth ones. Doesn't seem very Cybertronian.

Awwwwww! I was hoping that they were actually going to revisit the War for Cybertron designs, or do something along those lines, now I'm disappointed.

I mean they look fine, but seem just like another slavishly G1 robot mode (one of which is a character we get every year), with a slightly different altmode.

I think I'm starting to get over G1 outside of MP's. I'm starting to miss that time Hasbro tried new things with new characters, how weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I'm starting to miss that time Hasbro tried new things with new characters, how weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Yeah, me too.
    There is a drought in the CHUG lines. Between Titans Return and Power of the Primes, we've got (I think) only one new character/concept - Slash. Titans Return gave us two new guys (Alpha Bravo and Offroad) but nothing else new that comes to mind.

Some of my favourite Transformers in the past few years have been from RID (Fracture, Thunderhoof, Scorponok, Thermidor) but the amount of attention the G1 CHUG stuff gets just overshadows anything else in the fandom.

Cyberverse sadly looks like it's going to be G1 heavy too so the only place for new ideas seems to be the Bumblebee movie toyline.

Thing is I wonder if guys like Victorion, Alpha Bravo and Offroad sold well enough to justify Hasbro continuing to create new characters for G1 based series. Sure Drift and Windblade seem to be doing ok, but I really wonder if the majority of the new characters are selling well or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Yeah, me too.
    Looking at all the extreme vitriol fans were spewing when they saw Alpha-Bravo and Jet-fighter Blast-Off, I'm not surprised. The GEEWUNNERS are rabid as they are loud.

Geewunners, they are becoming as bad as rabid Star Wars fans.

On topic, I do wish for new characters. There were a few done recently but not enough. The SWAT vehicle too was new, and I quite like that mold. Most of my classics figures haven't been replaced by some of the new iterations. I still prefer my Universe Sideswipe over this new one, which looks just like a scaled down MP to me. We did get get a number of updates for G1 characters at least. But now with a new line, just rehashing characters again with new designs.

I'm at the point that if I've got an updated "Classics" figure, I'd have to consider a new one sufficiently better than the one I have to get it.