Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JP LG-13 Legends Megatron

Default JP LG-13 Legends Megatron

The next known figure in the Japanese Legends line (after Windblade in February) is Leader class G1 Megatron from Generations... in May.
    Just a place-holder image floating around for now, but it is likely that the Japanese version should be more "Gen1 coloured".
    And it is being promoted in the preliminary product image as a pairing to the MP-10 Optimus toy, which is more evidence that TakaraTomy is not likely to have a new MP Megatron toy on the horizon.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

this may be the megatron ive been after for years. i want g1 robot, but not g1 alt mode.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The next known figure in the Japanese Legends line (after Windblade in February) is Leader class G1 Megatron from Generations... in May.
    Just a place-holder image floating around for now, but it is likely that the Japanese version should be more "Gen1 coloured".
    And it is being promoted in the preliminary product image as a pairing to the MP-10 Optimus toy, which is more evidence that TakaraTomy is not likely to have a new MP Megatron toy on the horizon.
    Noooooooooooo!

Seems to have a different head sculpt to the hasbro version

The pairing of the Megatron with the MP-10 Optimus toy, I believe is there for scale purposes. What is it also telling us, that a future masterpiece megatron is still way off. In the meantime please buy this toy
    Its also a test for fans reactions, and maximizing potential sales for the leader mold.
    With the MP line having a G2 sub-theme, with already g2 sideswipe released and now bumblebee has been announced, I say we will still see a new MP Megatron.

There will be an Armada version as well

It's not that different to the Hasbro. I'd say the Hasbro version has a better metallic silver. If the legs were black, I'd have switched to Takara.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I think MP-10 is on there as a cross sell for it's upcoming Takara re-release.

(And I'll keep believing a new Takara MP-Gun will be made ..someday)
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I think MP-10 is on there as a cross sell for it's upcoming Takara re-release.

(And I'll keep believing a new Takara MP-Gun will be made ..someday)
    Someday...

Note that the direction of the fusion cannon is swapped between the Hasbro photography and the Takara photography. One way appears to provide a (red) projectile, while the other end appears to be a more G1 accurate styled cannon.