Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scans of JP magazine reveal new Takara Tomy figures.

Default Scans of JP magazine reveal new Takara Tomy figures.

Well we have some scans of a Japanese magazine revealing new Takara Tomy decos and remoulds including UW03 Defensor, new TAV figures final decos and both an Armada Megatron and Car Robots Black Convoy.

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...figures/32970/
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Oh no, there's a Nemesis Prime/Scourge version of the Gen Deluxe G2 Optimus mould.... nerd rage from the people who paid more to get the FunPub version.

(after the BotCon 2007 Seekers came out a few years later by Hasbro and TakaraTomy, fans accused FunPub of knowing about it and doing theirs just to take advantage of the fans first which is not how it works... Hasbro approves their requests only if they have no plans on the table to do it themselves, and have denied requests on toys that are within the next year)

The scans seem to imply that Nemesis Prime and Armada Megatron come together. Can anyone confirm?

"Event & Campaign"

Maybe it's an event exclusive? Tokyo Toy Show is June 20, at Tokyo Big Sight. Matches the date and location in the paragraph.

EDIT:
    I had another look, I'm almost certain this is the TTS exclusives for this year.
    Legends Armada Megatron (¥8100) and Black Convoy (¥3780)
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

So Defensor is UW03. I thought Devastator would be, as it was teased first.

Good to see that they are rushing to use the motorcycle mould for their Defensor, which wasn't ready for the Hasbro release of the Protectobots. Unless they have some major panel swapping planned, it will be hard to accept it as Afterburner.

The Armada Megatron and Deluxe Black Convoy don't have Legend numbers, so are probably exclusive to something.
    Ah, TFW have translated it to say that they are this year's Tokyo Toy show exclusives (last year were the two Black Movie Voyagers that were highly sought after).

According to the magazine, both figures will be available, most likely as event exclusives, at the Takara Tomy booth during the 2015 International Tokyo Toy Show being held at Tokyo Big Sight from June 20th to the 21st.
    Megatron will be 8100yen, and Black Convoy will be 3780yen.

The third Adventure 2-pack has one redeco (a Prowl coloured Steeljaw toy) with a repack of Strongarm. That's annoying, as the first two 2-packs were just repacks, and most western fans are buying just the new deco toys, as they already bought the Hasbro toys that are close to the colours of the other Adventure toys.
    I can't figure out the name yet, so maybe someone else can help...
    The Japanese is ファントムジョー .... which sounds like it is aiming for "Phantom Joe".

The third page has a nice summary of the June items...
    TAV18 - Drift (RID Warrior - minor redeco?) - (2,700yen)
    TAV19 - Powerglide (GEN Legends minor redeco) - (1,404yen)
    TAV20 - Adams (Cosmos) (GEN Legends minor redeco?) - (1,404yen)
    TAVVS03 - Strongarm Vs ???? (Police deco Steeljaw) - (4,860yen)

TED08 - Steeljaw (RID One-Step) - (1,620yen)
    TED09 - Grimlock (RID One-Step) - (1,620yen)
    QT-21 - (??) Skids (redeco Hound - blue Suzuki Hustler) - (1,078yen)
    QT-22 - (??) Drift (remould Sunstreaker - white Mazda RX-7 FD3S)
    - (1,078yen)
    UW-01 - Superion boxset (Silverbolt, Firefly, Slingshot, Airraid, Skydive) - (16,200yen)

So it looks like QT-17 Tracks may have been cancelled... as it was originally held back to this June wave, but now isn't listed.

Someone on TFW is suggesting that the Steeljaw redeco is called Phantomjaw... which would make more sense than what I came up with, as it goes with the Steeljaw name.

So happy to see Groove the way he was meant to be portrayed! What Hasbro has done to him is an abomination...

I kinda like the look Groove is sporting, hopefully Hasbro pulls a Sling/Rider with him too and will be on the look out for that Black Convoy.

I'm OK with my Hasbro versions of Armada Megatron, Cosmos and Powerglide

So I'm just crossing my fingers that HLJ doesn't sell out these TAV items quickly like they did for May's TAV items. My wallet is going to weep if I can't get a Japanese source for the May items. BBTS sucks for JP items.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Megatron will be 8100yen.
    That's expensive, even for an exclusive toy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So it looks like QT-17 Tracks may have been cancelled... as it was originally held back to this June wave, but now isn't listed.
    That wouldn't make much sense. My guess is QT-17 Tracks is delayed yet again. Otherwise the series would be .... QT-15, QT-16, QT-18, QT-19 ....