Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SDCC 3-pack Redeco of GEN Arcee, Windblade, Chromia

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Am I missing some crucial information? These seem like obligatory random repaints put into the comics so they'll sell more toys to me.
    There are two ways of reusing moulds with new colours - call it a new character, or, be the same character with a reason for it to be in a new colour scheme (with a prefix like... Powerlinx, Energon, Galaxy Force, Dark, Black, Silver Knight, Dark Knight, Shattered Glass, Allspark, Clash, Beast Hunter, Combiner Hunter, etc).

On this occasion, those three fembot toys were probably easier to have left as the same characters than generate three new female characters who would look the same as those now iconic three characters. (when there is only a handful of female Transformers characters being featured, it looks more obvious if any are the same form... something that is easier to get away with on a large group of "male" characters)

Leaked on facebook is an image of a "Platimum Edition" styled box with the three fembot redecos that were on a recent comic cover... which I have a feeling might be for SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Leaked on facebook is an image of a "Platimum Edition" styled box with the three fembot redecos that were on a recent comic cover... which I have a feeling might be for SDCC.
    If it for SDCC, I hope that like the Devastator exclusive, it is released here for Oz Comic Con. It would be far more desirable than shiny Devastator.

Oh! That devastator reflection in Arcee's sword is a nice touch.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I didn't notice Devastator at first, but this larger version shows that Devastator has the two separate eyes which is the SDCC version, adding more weight to this being an SDCC exclusive.

I don't know if this will be released here at the two Conventions having the SDCC Devastator, but it is possible.

Does anyone on facebook know where the actual original link to the image is, as people on TFW just keep posting up the image with no source link.

Does anyone on facebook know where the actual original link to the image is, as people on TFW just keep posting up the image with no source link.
    TFND aka Transformers Never Die

https://www.facebook.com/Transformer...ref=ts&fref=ts
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

.. which I have a feeling might be for SDCC.
    This has just been confirmed. The news articles are bouncing the their way across the fansites.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    This has just been confirmed. The news articles are bouncing the their way across the fansites.
    I believe this is the article in question http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/06/0...unters-at-sdcc
    Now the real question is if/when these come here for OzCC how much are we going to be ripped off by?
    The article claims the fembot set will be US$75 at SDCC so shall we wager it as being about AU$150 if/when it gets here?

Just when I was thinking there was no reason to pay an SDCC scalper this year these three show up.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

It certainly shows that Hasbro is keeping a close eye on the major fansites, as each of the two big SDCC toys have been officially revealed within a day of images leaking from Asia.

Images mirrored at TFW in case the IGN article comes down later.
    There are also exclusive comic editions being given out at the Hasbro Booth at SDCC.

And close-up photos of the faces of the three.