Thread: Trade thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Trade thread

Thought this might be worth a try.

Sometimes we have things we don't want and instead of selling them, or returning them to the store (which doesn't work with opened stuff), perhaps we could trade them with other members for something of similar value?

For this to work the requests shouldn't be too extravagent and it would be up to the people agreeing to the trade that it's a fair swap. A deluxe from one line for a deluxe from the same line seems fair to me. Wanting a leader in exchange for a legend isn't, but the trades aren't blind so people shouldn't be ripped off. I think in general if someone is listing a trade it should be for something of same, similar or greater value. If I want to swap a leader toy for a legend, and the other party is getting a great deal I can't see a problem.

I imagine it would work best with people trading locally. I'd prefer to trade with just other Melb people (so no dealing with postage etc for instance). Both parties also get the chance to see in person what the other person has got and can decide then and there if they'll go through it with it.

So as example I might post

Who: Paulbot
    For trade: AA Tomahawk (loose, complete, as new condition, only transformed once, with instructions and backing card)
    Wanted: AA Sidearm Sidewsipe (loose, complete, very good condition)
    Where: Melbourne CBD
    Someone in Melbourne, with a Sidearm Sideswipe might see it, contacts me, we arrange the trade.

Thoughts?

like in the old grim grams of the old uk comics...

not a bad idea at all
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    like in the old grim grams of the old uk comics...
    Yeah that was where I got the idea. Although some of those listings were a bit preposterous

Are you referring to a separate trade section altogether?

I've seen trade threads listed in the member sales section in the past and they've worked reasonably well (I think).

You could still list it in the sales section and just put a thread title to the following effect:

"For Trade: AA Tomahawk (Melb Only)"

Here's an example of one that went fairly well by Robwin1974

I meant a general Thread within the Sales section, not it's own section.

I suppose though doing a thread like Robwin1974 could work too, but I look at that long list of wants and trades and there's a lot more work in haggling to be done to work out what's a fair trade.

You'd probably need its own section, so that trade requests aren't lost within a lengthy topic of questions and haggling. Or people can just have in their topic title - 'FOR TRADE' or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I meant a general Thread within the Sales section, not it's own section.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I suppose though doing a thread like Robwin1974 could work too, but I look at that long list of wants and trades and there's a lot more work in haggling to be done to work out what's a fair trade.
    Yeah I know what you mean, but it comes down to how much you want the item and how willing you are to offload your item I suppose.

Using Robwin1974's example, he was happy to swap me a MOSC Henkei Starscream and a MOSC Henkei Ghost Starscream for loose Universe 2.0 Ratchet and Ironhides + $20 cash.