Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Competition for Australia

Default Transformers Competition for Australia

After so many years of Americans getting all the Transformers competitions & promotions by Hasbro, we finally get one hosted by Hasbro in Australia.

From March 5th to April 29th, buy a Transformers PRODUCT (not just toys) and go to the Australian Transformers Prime website to enter in your
    purchase details... for a chance to win a trip for four to Universal Studios in America.
    - Return economy flights to Los Angeles , California, USA from the Australian State or Territory capital city nearest to the winners place of
    residence and return private car ground transfers between Los Angeles airport and the Accommodation.
    - 5 nights twin or quad share accommodation at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa.
    - 4 tickets to the VIP Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood, Cirque du Soleil tickets; and a Starline Tour.

IF you made your purchase at a Jay Jays store, you have a chance to also win a different trip to Universal Studios for two people.
    - Return economy flights to Los Angeles , California, USA from the Australian State or Territory capital city nearest to the winners place of
    residence and return private car ground transfers between Los Angeles airport and the Accommodation.
    - 5 nights twin or quad share accommodation at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa.
    - 2 tickets with Front of the Line passes to Universal Studios Hollywood and a Starline Tour.

PLUS, daily prize packs, which includes:
    - 1 x Transformers Robopower Robofighter figure,

- 2 x Transformers Mectech Deluxe Figures;

- 1 x Transformers Mechtech Voyager &

- 1 x Transformers Mechtech Leader;

- 1 x TRANSFORMERS Dark of The Moon PS3 video game;

- 1 x TRANSFORMERS book tin;

- 1 x TRANSFORMERS back pack and five TRANSFORMERS books of the Promoter's choosing; and

- 1 x TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon DVD.

Stores with eligible products should have leaflets like these:

But you don't need a leaflet or coupon to enter. Just go to the link above with your purchase details (you must keep you receipt to prove the purchase was local).

From the Conditions page:

Prize Pool:
    - Major Prize: One Trip for 4 people to Universal Studios, California, USA valued at a maximum of $14,678. (product purchased from anywhere)
    - Jay Jays Prize: One Trip for 2 people to Universal Studios, California, USA valued at a maximum of $6,678. (product purchased from JayJays only)
    - 56 (daily) TRANSFORMER Prize Packs: each valued at $516.74

The prizes are valued as at 17/1/12. The maximum total value of all prizes is $50,253.44.

The prize draws will all be as follows:
    (i) The Major Prize Draw, from all entries received during the Entry Period (including those entries based upon a TRANSFORMERS Product purchase from a Jay Jays store), will be held at 3.05pm on 3/5/12;
    (ii) The Jay Jays Prize Draw, from all entries received during the Entry Period that indicated that the TRANSFORMERS Product upon which the entry was based was purchased from a Jay Jays store, will be held at 3pm on 3/5/12;
    (iii) Daily Draws at 3pm on day each from 6/3/12 to 30/4/12 inclusive that is not a Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday in Victoria. (One TRANSFORMER Prize Pack will be awarded in each Daily Draw.) Entries into one Daily Draw that do not win a prize will be included in any subsequent Daily Draw. If there are no entries that may be included in a Daily Draw, the prize that would have been awarded in that Daily Draw will be awarded in the next Daily Draw.

For each entry, the entrant must provide:
    (a) the last 6 digits of the barcode of the TRANSFORMERS Product being used to enter;
    (b) the name of the store from which the TRANSFORMERS Product was purchased;
    (c) the date of that purchase; and
    (d) all other details required at the Competition Website, including first and last names, residential address, postal address, email address and contact telephone number.

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR DOCKETS, and MAKE SURE YOU FILL OUT THE DETAILS EXACTLY including THE EXACT STORE YOU PURCHASED FROM. If you win something and one of the details were wrong because you rushed filling out the form, you won't get the prize. The Promoter may require verification of the details of any entry (if someone enters multiple times with the same or similar details - as it is easy to enter more times than one docket would allow).
    And expect to verify your entry if you win a prize.

MULTIPLE PURCHASES ON THE ONE DOCKET - each product can be a separate entry... just make sure you enter the product barcode and store details for each item/entry, and keep the docket. PLEASE DON'T CHEAT (it is possible, but I won't say how).

KEEP A LIST OF EVERY ENTRY you submit (in a text file), and if you are contacted to verify your entries, or have won something, send them a copy of that ENTIRE list.
    Last edited by griffin; 13th March 2012 at 11:42 AM.

So.. just to confirm, the daily prize packs are for the Jay Jays comp, only?

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Daily prizes are from any entries submitted at any time (which may be in the daily draw every day after that - or might be just valid for the day of entry).

The JayJays prize looks to be a bonus prize if you submit your entry from something you bought from them.
    Which means - at the end of the competition period, they will draw the major prize (trip for 4) from every entry (including JayJays entries), and then also draw the bonus prize (trip for 2) from just the JayJays entries.

We rarely get Transformers competitions in this country, but for some reason they over-complicate them to the point that they either confuse people or fail completely (like the Target competition last year, that had to be changed after it started because the special conditions were preventing most eligible people from entering).

I think this is a great competition, sounds like Hasbro are perhaps worried that we'll be spending too much of our Transformers budget overseas...

that's cool, I'll at least be buying some cyberverse figures here.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

First post has been updated with the drawing details between the three prizes (Main, JayJays & Daily), and the more important competition conditions.

Aww man, if I'd of known about this I'd of kept my bloody receipt! - Stupid Cold!
    I'll be keeping my eyes out now for sure, cheers for this too Griffin; Now to hopefully find something worth buying!

I won, I won...

This was totally unexpected, but I was just thinking about posting this hint on the weekend - get in early with your entries, as it will take a while for the general public to know about it, or even bother entering.
    The Daily Draws started last Monday - without any advance notice, so the pool of entries in the first couple weeks will be small... and your entries stay in the growing pool. So don't feel like you have to space them out to be in multiple daily draws. Get in early, and enter as much as you can afford.
    Remember, any Legit Transformers product is valid - toys, Easter merchandise, clothing, DVDs...
    With Target's 20% off sale and Kmart's Clearance sale, you should be able to get a good head-start on the general consumers with this competition. And increase your chances of winning the major prizes.
    Just make sure you keep your receipts and barcodes, as the email I received asked to verify my entry details... which I need them to clarify, as I entered 9 times so far - so do they want any of those entries, or the complete list to be able to verify the one that they have drawn out.

If I get an answer to that, I'll update here.

Pity there isn't anything in the Daily Prize pack that I don't already own, or am after... so I guess it is more stuff for me to give away here then.

A response from the competition administrator:

Yes if someone enters using different codes then they will need to keep a list of all the codes and purchases details.
    So that means - keep a list of EVERY entry you submit (in a text file), and if you are contacted to verify your entries, or have won something, just send them a copy of that ENTIRE list.

Useful to know in advance, thanks for the heads up.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Woohoo!! Won a daily prize pack already!!
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence