View Poll Results: MP Ultra Magnus - worth getting?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah - he is huge and awesome!

57 85.07%
  • Only if cheap

5 7.46%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

3 4.48%
  • He should have stayed in Rodimus' shadow

2 2.99%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Masterpiece Ultra Magnus

This is the best I can do with the MP a little disappointing you can't get the arm ramps level

They do sit flush, have seen in a video review.

Cant wait to get my grabby hands on him lol

( heavy breathing )

Can you post this review or a screenshot?

Here's a shot with Hasbro 20th Ann and MP02 have to say I'm very impressed with Magnus so far he's much bigger then I thought and I'm really impressed by how sturdy he is you can grab him by the arms in alt mode and he's solid doesn't flop about at all. My only grips so far are the ramp thing, the waist skirts catching on the cab when you turn it and as others have mentioned the blemishes on the forearms do look off.

I don't mind the buttflap too much it's not as noticeable from the front mainly the rear it sticks out but I guess it'd be nice if it folded up. Also be nice if they included interchangeable bumpers for the cab for those that don't like the red bumper. I mean it's great how it's cartoon accurate but it does look off. I'd say that this MP is the MOST toon accurate MP Transformer to date and I'm thinking that's why so many people are divided on Stack/MP22. I've shown shots of both Stack/MP22 to friends that are not into transformers and they prefer stack in bot mode but we all agree stack's alt mode is quite poor compared to the MP.

Last edited by Nevac; 2nd January 2015 at 08:50 AM.

Here's my review of MP-22 Ultra Magnus! Not without its flaws, but overall still a pretty damn amazing figure that has serious presence on display with the other MPs.

Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus - YouTube

Hope you can check out the review

Brief review
    I also cannot get the upper deck ramp to sit flush on the lower deck either. This is due to the upper deck's ramp being shorter than G1 Ultra Magnus', in order to achieve cartoon-accurate forearms for the robot mode. Both the upper and lower decks of the trailer are also considerably more 'bumpy' than G1 Magnus'. One of the fun things about G1 Ultra Magnus is being able to drive Autobot cars on and off both upper and lower decks; okay, it's not the smoothest ride, but it's generally possible. I don't really find this to be the case with MP22... I personally just pick up the cars and place them into their positions on the trailer, rather than physically rolling them on and off. Basically it seems that concessions were made to the trailer in order to create a more show-like robot mode. G1 Ultra Magnus has a more playable trailer, but an incredibly blocky robot with two points of "Danger, Will Robinson!" articulation. But considering that TakaraTOMY were going for:
    + A show-accurate robot mode, and..
    + Integrating the truck cab into the robot
    ...then I think it's an easily forgivable flaw. My main gripe about the robot mode is the relatively limited shoulder articulation -- I wish it did have some outward articulation. You can make the shoulders go outward a bit through the joints that make the shoulders move up and down during transformation, but they're not "proper" robot articulation points, and it does make the shoulders look dislocated. The faux tyres are an interesting touch, and it does otherwise stop MP22's real wheels from becoming "roller skates." But I suppose you can always leave the real tyres deployed if you want MP22 to skate around. Overall this is one bloody fantastic toy. 9.5/10, highly recommended.

More Piccies!

Supah Lasah Blastah!

The freaky face of Minimus Ambus

Matrix in chest

By the Power of Gray--, oh wait...

G1 UM: "Yoink!"
    MP22: "Hey!"

Note: MP10's Matrix lacks the tabs which allow it to sit properly in G1 Prime's/Magnus' chest -- I had to use Blu Tac to secure it in place for this shot; otherwise it just rattles loosely inside the chest cavity

MP22's new home (and now my Binaltech/Alternators and Alternity shelves are more crowded )

The caps on the top of his shoulders that help stick together the arms in vehicle mode don't stick together on mine. Other than that I like him for the most part. I just wish the guy that made him would not use diecast. Theres no need for it as it just adds dead weight. Also I worry about the shoulder assembly, it's so flimsy and bends easily. Also note that I did not use the instructions and did not break anything like I was told I would.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Try fiddling around with it. I found that the first time I transformed him back to robot mode, one of the top caps wasn't in properly, but I fiddled with it and then it fit in fine.

--------------------------------------------------
    I've translated the tech specs card:

Function: City Commander
    Motto: “Consistency is victory.”
    Ultra Magnus sets aside his personal needs to help his comrades, as well as fighting for a complete victory. With great fighting proficiency, Ultra Magnus is courageous and willing to sacrifice himself. A warrior with impeccable skills to support any mission. Serious personality; doesn’t make jokes. Shoulders are equipped with missile launchers which Ultra Magnus uses as his main weapon. Able to accurately hit a target from 50 kilometres.

Strength: 9
    Intelligence: 9
    Speed: 6
    Endurance: 8
    Courage: 9
    Firepower: 6
    Skill: 8

And just before Xmas I also translated the instruction booklet's bio, which I posted on another thread, but here it is again.

Ultra Magnus toured the ravaged areas of Cybertron, as a Stampbot Ultra Magnus marked his army's emblem in his role as an administrative official. A magnificent warrior, Ultra Magnus was assigned to Earth where he took command of the Scramble City project, which saw the completion of the wondrous giant city robot, Metroplex. Afterwards, Optimus Prime appointed Ultra Magnus as the next commander, but for whatever reason, Ultra Magnus was not chosen by the Matrix. Ultra Magnus acted as an interim commander until he handed command over to the one who had been chosen by the Matrix, Rodimus Prime. From then on, Ultra Magnus used his experience to support the young commander. Ultra Magnus was given the authority to command, but he did not feel that he had the ability to do so, acknowledging that he was just a soldier. For this reason, Ultra Magnus was supportive, always around to listen to the complaints of a worried Rodimus Prime. Seeing Rodimus Prime's talents, Ultra Magnus became respectful and loyal towards him. In his later years, Ultra Magnus, along with Metroplex whom he'd constructed, charged himself with defending Earth, which he loved and died for. His body was buried in the Earth's ocean. However, many decades later, a resurrected Optimus Prime used the Matrix to rebuild Ultra Magnus. Returning as Laser Ultra Magnus, he stood against threats from across the galaxy. Ultra Magnus' motto is, "Fairness is victory." Possessing a just and seriously strong will, Ultra Magnus is a heroic warrior who is beyond reproach and is willing to sacrifice himself for others. Respected by his enemy, Cyclonus, and adored by his fellow Autobots. While lacking in humour, Ultra Magnus is a Transformer who abounds in excellence.

Got mine today, he's pretty cool. And big!! Maybe a smidgin' too big. I might have to repaint the front bumper to a nicer red though it's a little too pink for my tastes...

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I love mine. The flappy flap flap on the back is my ONLY issue. The rest of him is so awesome. He's so big, bulky and cool looking!