View Poll Results: GEN-15 DLX Skydive - worth buying?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 85.71%
  • Only if...

1 7.14%
  • Not worth it

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 7.14%

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 DLX Skydive (combiner)

Default Toy Review - GEN-15 DLX Skydive (combiner)

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted here or in the pre-existing group review topic here if you prefer.

SKYDIVE
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - scheduled for March 2015 (out in Asia & America December 2014)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$?? (probably about $30) US$17
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Fighter Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours - Grey, red, black, gold.
    Main Accessories - gun, combiner fist/foot

Last edited by griffin; 11th January 2015 at 05:46 PM.

Skydive

Robot Mode
    Yeah boy! The shiz and the nit! Most beautiful rendition of the G1 character we have ever had! It gives you an idea of how much bigger Superion is when you put the Generations Deluxe version of Skydive next to the G1 Scramble City version. They have given him the cartoon/comic book face rather than the G1 black face and I think that was the right move.

Jet mode

I was really into this until I was putting his arms in place as the final part of the transformation and I realized they just sit at the sides of the jet body, they don't even fold into slots in the jet like the G1 version. That and how chunky the legs make the underside of the jet look makes his alt mode a bit of a let down. A bit like TFPrime Skyquake - his jet mode looks nice from a certain angle, but on closer examination it doesn't quite cut the proverbial mustard.

Overall - great bot mode but would have liked to see more effort with his jet mode.

Again, as with Firefly, Jet mode was definitely the lowest priority. Hands are hidden a little better, but his arms are still just stuck on the side and there's no landing gear. I don't think Air Raid will be much different as he appears to share the same lower half.

Robot mode is really nice, though his shoulders are a little on the wide side (not shown in the product shot above, but you're supposed to move his shoulders out.) Again, really well articulated, just lacking proper feet - a side effect of being solid enough to work as a combiner limb.

Again, like Firefly, no issues as a foot/lower leg, and arm mode holds together a little better, robot arms tab in nicely on the wings, and the tailfins don't get in the way of holding any weapons.

So I'd say Firefly has a slightly better robot mode, Skydive wins as an arm, they both rock the foot, and they both suck at being aerodynamic jets.

Love the robot mode-it almost looks a little decepticon to me with the black, red and gold, which is a great contrast to Silverbot and the other Aerialbots.

Jet mode is too fat, but all the jets suffer from that (and I don't display them in that mode anyway) so not a big deal to me.

Next up in the Combiner Wars reviews is Skydive.

http://youtu.be/z9VnAPR8ekU

I'm liking the paint app and the alt mode on this one!

when i got the bunch i put them into combined mode as superion pretty much straight away and then left them. turns out my sky dive is a little loose, especially in the elbows he was in arm mode holding powerglide and i had to take it off recently because he couldn't hold up. i was playing with them a little today and noticed it when i separated them all. oh well :/

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    when i got the bunch i put them into combined mode as superion pretty much straight away and then left them. turns out my sky dive is a little loose, especially in the elbows he was in arm mode holding powerglide and i had to take it off recently because he couldn't hold up. i was playing with them a little today and noticed it when i separated them all. oh well :/
    Clear nail polish or super-glue (LET IT DRY FIRST!!!!) should resolve that for you.