Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'War For Cybertron' DLC information and trailer.

Still not avaibable on PSN. I've been checking all day as it's my one day off and was really hoping to play.

I read somewhere before that XBLA got it today and PSN gets it tomorrow, which is contradictory to everything else saying it would be released on both systems on the 27th. And the official website for WFC doesn't mention it whatsoever, so they're no help.

Glad to hear it's here =o) Thanatos, did you get it for 360 or PS3? I want PS3, so I'll probably check the store when the family is finished with the TV. Although some people would argue with your analogy, it is true. It's EXTRA game content for a little more than a Legends figure, and together with the game totals just over half the price of the big budget games with similar ratings.

I've never really understood that whole "I hate <insert mega-rich brand> so I refuse to purchase their products". Especially in our situation, with Hasbro being a mega-rich company that cranks out repaints and repacks all over the place to make more money, to avoid other companies for doing similar seems odd. Although that's only an assumption as to why you dislike Activision, that is usually the most common cause for dislike of such businesses. If a product is good quality and would appeal to you if it were distributed by a different company, then you are the only one missing out really, because your non-purchase wouldn't even register in their profit loss, with anywhere from thousands to millions gladly handing over their cash because they see it as a purchase for their own benefit, not a purchase to make some rich dude richer. Basic moral: why deny yourself of a good product when 'sticking it to the man' doesn't actually stick anyone but yourself? Just my 2c, dislike or like, I'm quite disgruntled atm so I apologies if it may seem more callous than my usual self =oP

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

Lemmie know when Hasbro fire a development team that has made them mega rich for refusing to lower their quality of work to ensure more is released faster. Oh and not paying them their rightful royalties. Make no mistake that Activision are evil. Pure Evil.

PSN has finally updated. Downloading now.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaisun View Post
    Overpriced? The game was $59 on release day, and received review ratings up there with the $120 games. I can't see another $10-ish being too steep considering it's initial price. And besides, you have Capcom asking for half this price just for some costumes that should've been already included, at least this pack will have actual new maps and characters. I can see what you mean from a non-multiplayer point of view, but this was predominately marketed as a game with multiplayer potential, so it's geared toward that.
    I remember when companies used to release that stuff as free content to reward customers and to generate more sales of the original game.

Paid "dlc" content is becoming the worst thing ever. Especially since it's now planned for at the start of game developments. They intentionally develop, but keep cut things they can later think they'll get more money for. Maps and characters is laughable as something to pay for. Substantially More missions/story, fair enough.

Next will them be selling the main "platform/engine" as the big $ item then having you to pay more for every single map/adventure if you actually want to play. Mark my words.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Next will them be selling the main "platform/engine" as the big $ item then having you to pay more for every single map/adventure if you actually want to play. Mark my words.
    There was actually a story on this on Good Game last Monday. Apparently software developers are seriously considering this method - releasing a game as 'bare bones' and then expanding on it by way of DLC, as a way of combating video game piracy.

I don't mind s/w developers having the ability to 'push' patches to fix known bugs in games, but IMO this is going a bit far. Bring back the days when you knew what you were buying when you bought it. At least that way, it kept s/w publishers honest by making the best product they possibly could and standing behind it.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

How big is the download (for PS3)? I still haven't got a grip on how much bandwidth I have to set aside for gaming.

the worst DLC is falls into two camps IMO. Locked content on the disc (ie; WFC Shockwave, Demolishor, Jazz) and old content re-released on a new title (ie; the Modern Warfare 1 map pack for MW2 and its only $24! Guess who... Activision!)

I don't like paying for content that is sitting on my disk or was already made a few years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    How big is the download (for PS3)? I still haven't got a grip on how much bandwidth I have to set aside for gaming.
    The DLC itself is 290mb, but I've noticed that actual online gaming doesn't use that much bandwidth.

I got it the other day. I like the Demolishor body's look quite a bit. Have to get about onto the new maps now. And play some MP online a bit more. Problem being finding time..

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I remember when companies used to release that stuff as free content to reward customers and to generate more sales of the original game.

They are already planning that with titles like Sonic The Hedgehog 4, making you pay for sets of levels I believe. Namco were also talkig about using the DLC as an excuse to stop piracy. Personally I think its a ridiculous idea, as you have to allow for bandwidth usage and forking out to finish the game on top of initial expense which is an additional expense on top of the original game. Plus, waht if you dont have a net connection in the first place?

When they start diong that, I will stop buying games as I don't like getting unfinished products.

Perhaps there is some law that could stop it, as they would be selling an "incomplete product"?