Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobby Link Japan (HLJ) feedback

Xmas in Japan is pretty much like Valentine's Day. There's lots of shopping and people get excited and stuff, but it's not a public holiday. Less than 1% of the Japanese population is Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Xmas in Japan is pretty much like Valentine's Day. There's lots of shopping and people get excited and stuff, but it's not a public holiday. Less than 1% of the Japanese population is Christian.
    That might be why they don't have the tradition of Christmas, but it isn't a reason why they wouldn't adopt it if their retailers and economy needed another day of heavy consumer spending. Just look at how quickly singles day in China became a record breaking day of spending in just 20 years.
    Only 11% of the Australian Population are devoted Christians (go to church)... so Christmas isn't big here because of its religious origins, it's big because of commercial marketing and the dependence of the Retail sector of the billions they want us to spent during this month.

Dec 23 (Emperor's Birthday) is a public holiday. And Japan has lots of other public holidays throughout the year, including two different week long holidays (Golden Week and Silver Week). But yeah, Japan has plenty of public holidays, but just different from ours.

Just had another bad experience with HLJ. I got an email today about the Star Wars Black Series Kylo Ren and MP Hot Rod in my PW I asked last week to be shipped. They can not find the Kylo Ren figure in their warehouse. I know Trev had a similar issue with BBTS. I wonder if they have a theft problem at these places or if the staff are sending out the wrong products to customers.

Guess I'll have to buy my Kylo Ren from Big W now, but it's not the exact same figure.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Bit disappointed. HLJ have moved their release date of MP Shockwave a few days back which puts him 2 days outside of my current PW's time limit. I emailed them and asked them nicely if I could get a two day extension and this was their response:

Hi, Trevor-

Thanks for writing!

We're afraid that if Private Warehouse's 60-day clock runs out, shipment of items older than 60 days is an automated process. Time extensions are unfortunately not possible, as our Help Center explains:

http://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/arti...e-60-Day-Limit

Although it is unlikely, we hope it might arrive in time and enter your Private Warehouse in time for you to create a combined Private Warehouse shipment (it would not be included in an automated shipment; you would need to create a Private Warehouse shipment combining the items before the 60-day clock runs out), but we do not know if that will be possible.

We appreciate your understanding, and your business with us!

Best Regards,

Mark Kutsugi
    HobbyLink Japan
    http://www.hlj.com

Wont rant against them too much since it is their policy but it's disappointing that they wont do something I'm sure would take one of their techies less than a couple of minutes to arrange, especially considering I've been a customer for many years and have spent thousands with them.

Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just had another bad experience with HLJ. I got an email today about the Star Wars Black Series Kylo Ren and MP Hot Rod in my PW I asked last week to be shipped. They can not find the Kylo Ren figure in their warehouse. I know Trev had a similar issue with BBTS. I wonder if they have a theft problem at these places or if the staff are sending out the wrong products to customers.

Guess I'll have to buy my Kylo Ren from Big W now, but it's not the exact same figure.
    Did they offer you a 20% discount voucher?

It happened to me once, and they gave me a 20% off voucher, which saw me getting a lot of the MP's at a great price.
    Funnily enough the figure that they lost went back on sale and I ended up getting him anyway.

Megatran Guest

Fastest service I've experienced. Shipped Friday, waiting at post office today (Wednesday).

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Fastest service I've experienced. Shipped Friday, waiting at post office today (Wednesday).
    I got my notification for the arrival of Ratchet yesterday in my PW, but when I decided to add a couple of Q TF's on the order before having it shipped, it took a whole day to process my payment - very unusal for them.

Still awesome postage times for them usually though, hope it happens again this order

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I'm now into my 10th business day waiting for MP Shockwave from HLJ. SAL though.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I'm now into my 10th business day waiting for MP Shockwave from HLJ. SAL though.
    I thought that was pretty standard for SAL. Used it once, took about a month without tracking. Never again.