Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Original G1 music score set to be released

Quote Originally Posted by Polursine View Post
    Definitely a long overdue announcement. The ripped tracks I have, though riddled with sound effects, are good for what they are, but an official release means opportunity for other things to get released *cough*Transformers Prime Season 2 and 3 soundtracks *cough*
    I only recently discovered the Transformers Prime Season 1 score CD was a thing at all.

I've got ripped versions from G1 like you, and am happy for nice full recordings. The TF music, particularly the early stuff, is very memorable and familiar.

This is awesome news, and I'm looking forward to it! Unfortunately the music that Jazz is usually blaring won't be included because it was from a different composer

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Absolutely awesome news

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Unfortunately the music that Jazz is usually blaring won't be included because it was from a different composer
    Son of a!

That was the track I was looking forward to the most! I just hope they include it for completeness because I can't believe they wouldn't include the Kinder & Bryant theme either just because Walsh didn't compose it.

It would be great if it came with a Blaster and Soundwave reissue

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Son of a!

That was the track I was looking forward to the most! I just hope they include it for completeness because I can't believe they wouldn't include the Kinder & Bryant theme either just because Walsh didn't compose it.
    This was from a poster at TFW2005 (who found it in the Allspark thread.)

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...l#post13515295

There's some more info in the comment section on Allspark. User D.M posts "One downside is that music by Johnny Douglas won't be featured, but from what Rob told me, it seems only the generic rock-disco theme will be left out as that was done for Spider-Man. Apparently Johnny left the show very early on so few themes that he composed specifically for Transformers ended up being reworked by Rob."
    Someone asks to clarify if he means the music that Jazz is usually playing and D.M confirms this along with another quote from his interview "No, unfortunately those tracks won't be included. There were a few cues Johnny wrote that were used, but the music for the series was revamped when I came on right at the beginning, and nearly every cue was mine in those shows, although the credits were messed up in post. I wrote perhaps 15 hrs total of new music in creating the shows. He did write the My Little Pony theme, and did some great orchestration on it. He was a talented writer." The post was later edited to signify that this past statement is a general one concerning all the shows and not just Transformers.

This was from a poster at TFW2005 (who found it in the Allspark thread.)

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...l#post13515295

That just plain sucks balls!

Hopefully this spurs the HQ bootleg trade, because that's probably the only way we'll hear it in any sort of quality better than this.

That or we may get it in another 30+ years...

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    That just plain sucks balls!

Hopefully this spurs the HQ bootleg trade, because that's probably the only way we'll hear it in any sort of quality better than this.

That or we may get it in another 30+ years...
    Yeah, I was so disappointed when I read it. That was the track I was looking forward to the most.

Apparently there is a guy who has been doing a Kickstarter for a while, to try and remaster the whole soundtrack from the episodes. Might be the only way we get the "Jazz" rock music.

[EDIT] Unless there is a Spiderman soundtrack in the future? We might see it on that maybe.

Unhappy

[EDIT] Unless there is a Spiderman soundtrack in the future? We might see it on that maybe.
    That's probably going to be the only "official" way, unless the Walsh release becomes so popular they go back and try to get the rights to include every bit of music... I doubt it though...