Great minds think alike
    I was gonna type that but you just did
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

A 'reliable source' confirmed that there was a Deluxe and HA version of Dino in the works + a deluxe Decepticon repaint of him last month, but I thought maybe griff was saying that they'd shown progress photos at one of those no photos panels.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

HECK YES! I love those stupid movies, I just love seeing the TFs as big lifelike hulks roaming around on screen. Nothing else matters to me. I couldn't care less about Shia, all he does in these movies is scream anyway, but I agree with Arcee, bring back Lennox! Keep the female fans happy, bring back that eye candy.

no no no NO NO

That's my best impersonation of Shia
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    HECK YES! I love those stupid movies, I just love seeing the TFs as big lifelike hulks roaming around on screen. Nothing else matters to me. I couldn't care less about Shia, all he does in these movies is scream anyway, but I agree with Arcee, bring back Lennox! Keep the female fans happy, bring back that eye candy.
    Aww, no love for Simmons?

I agree though, just the fact that we had giant transforming robots on screen was a miracle to me and the fact that they were baring the name Transformers only helped to seal the deal; I honestly hope this has opened the doors for other Giant Robot movies into the future, transforming or not as with the case of Real Steel, and if any of them happen to be also labelled 'Transformers'?, then I'll be just thankful.

I'm just not sure now if there has been an official announcement of a convertible Mirage/Dino from Hasbro. If there hasn't, I wouldn't expect one within 4-6 months of an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Could be Hasbro doing the good ol' tease and making its fans wait for ages for a release of a Dino. Kind of like what they did with the Classics toys and slowly releasing the beloved G1 characters. However I don't see how this sort of marketing would work, the longer it takes to get out the more likely kids will just lose interest in TFs in general and Dino especially.
    I agree - totally stoopid move because a lot of the movie hype will have fizzled out by then. Hasbro needs to strike while the iron's hot and releasing it like a year after the movie? Iron's stone cold by then...

They made the same mistake with Devastator - which I reckon is why even toys like Legends Devastator shelf warmed. Had they released that toy around the time the film came out, or shortly after (as TOMY did) then I suspect it would have sold better. It took aaages for them to clear the shelves of Legends Devastators. Combiner Class Devastator would probably still shelfwarm if it had been released around the time of the film because it's so expensive and... crap... but I still think it wouldn't have shelf warmed as bad as it has (is) if it had been released sooner, cos you'd have people impulse buying it as they're riding off the movie hype.

*sigh* They release toys like DotM Mudflap and Skids (even though they appeared so briefly in the movie you wouldn't even notice them) and Jolt (who didn't even appear in the film) and various versions of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee... but no Soundwave, Mirage or Wheeljack yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    no no no NO NO

That's my best impersonation of Shia
    trolololol.

I might get shot here but I actually really enjoyed the Bayformers movies, even RotF despite the fact that the plot had more holes than an old pair of undies.

The first movie, although corny was a great introduction to bringing the franchise into the 21st century. I liked what Bay did with the bots, with their many moving parts and complex transformations that were translated into their toyline.

The second movie had some great effects and introduced many more characters (although I will say the twins were Bays answer to Jar-Jar Binks) and I'm glad they didn't reappear in the 3rd instalment. Still their HA toy representations were pretty good.

The third movie I personally thought did G1 more justice by including several aspects of those stories such as Megs sitting on Abe Lincoln's chair, the ultimate doom story, etc.

I would like to see a 4th and 5th directed by Spielberg, I think he has a better ability to tell a good story. Bay should be involved with the effects however, as he has the attention to detail that giant robots deserve on the big screen.

With the revival of the franchise that Bay brought, the new Generations line is impressive and the Prime series toyline is looking to be fantastic.

I'm happy to keep pumping more money into Hasbro's pockets as long as they keep this franchise alive. Might have to extend the house to cater for the increase in merchandise however...

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    I might get shot here but I actually really enjoyed the Bayformers movies...
    If they are gonna shot you, they are gonna have to shot us both in a line.

And remember that no one can deny/change the fact that we died for our faith in Transformers!!

We believe in it as we were told: All are one. Our faith and God are the same as anyone else here. And it doesn't matter if others call us heretics

Because one day, a whole new Transformers church will rise above all, under which all will be united as one.

In Transformers We Trust.

Clearing up one of the rumours, and contradicting Hasbro's own statement.
    According to Jason Stratham himself, he's not involved with anything to do with future TFs movies.
    And despite the CEO of Hasbro stating that they were already talking to Michael Bay, Bay has stated that no such talking has occurred, and he's working towards a couple non-TFs movies at this time.